Chain submarine sandwich shops?

Broken Tine

Firehouse and Publix Deli

Oldstick

Is Quiznos still around,,,, they used to be pretty good,,,,

X2 on Quiznos. I can't say for certain if they are still open around here. Been quite a while for me.

3ringer

The person behind the counter can make any of them better than the other.

I can't stand when a manager is making the sandwich counting every thing, pulling a tiny little piece of meat back off the scale.:hammers:

I haven't been to any of them in three years over the sub wars that went for price over quality, but have eaten hundreds beforehand.[/QUOTE

Taking meat off the scale drives me nuts too. Ok if it's a 1/4 pound off , but 1 slice.

3ringer

I stopped at Jimmy Johns one time for a to go order. I parked my 18 wheeler next door. Busted my tail shimming down the clay bank to the restaurant. I ordered a club sandwich. I opened the bag while driving. I took a bite and nothing but bread and lettuce. Took a bigger bite and got more bread and lettuce. I took the sandwich apart , there was not any meat at all. Somehow, they forgot to add the meat. Talking about po'ed. At subway, you have to at least get double meat to even taste the meat. I used to love Shozelyez Deli sp ?

Cmp1

BANNED
I stopped at Jimmy Johns one time for a to go order. I parked my 18 wheeler next door. Busted my tail shimming down the clay bank to the restaurant. I ordered a club sandwich. I opened the bag while driving. I took a bite and nothing but bread and lettuce. Took a bigger bite and got more bread and lettuce. I took the sandwich apart , there was not any meat at all. Somehow, they forgot to add the meat. Talking about po'ed. At subway, you have to at least get double meat to even taste the meat. I used to love Shozelyez Deli sp ?

Agreed on the subway,,,, I had a Jimmy John's once,,,, wasn't impressed,,,,

joepuppy

My personal favorite is the New York Steamer at Firehouse, with the Datil Pepper sauce added. But the Italian Big One from Larry's is pretty good as well.

bulldawgborn

Schlotsky's used to have some good sammiches. They just opened a new type of Schlotsky's off Peachtree Industrial above Duluth, and it is a little different than the delis I remember. Still pretty good food though.

jbogg

Not sure how widespread Lennys Subs is, but the one in Cumming is excellent. Freshly backed bread. The chicken philly is tasty.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Firehouse, Jimmy John's and Publix work for me.

Redbow

We buy a big sub from Wal-Mart,then put whatever we want on it and the price isn't bad at all ...

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
to me its about the store and not the brand. if youre a sandwich shop, youre in the business of serving fresh bread. the firehouse in my town serves crumbly bread. no thanks.

Dr. Strangelove

Jimmy Johns, Publix, Firehouse. I don't even bother with Subway anymore.

3ringer

Some independent pizza restaurants make a good sub. You will have to wait a bit for it to be made.

Casey81

Not sure how widespread Lennys Subs is, but the one in Cumming is excellent. Freshly backed bread. The chicken philly is tasty.

Lennys is the best sub around. Wish they had more locations. My wife has lunch there 2-3 times a week.