Charlie Killmaster

uturn

Decided to post this here because it’s deer season , was watching tv today before work and flipped it over to one of the hunting channels and seen O’Neal outdoors coming on and decided to watch it and his host was c. Killmaster , they were doing a show on feral hog eradication and it was quite informative , also would like to thank our DNR for all they do , and especially thank Charlie because he takes his personal time to help us on this forum and answer a lot of questions !

Great job Ant and Agreed!

Good to tip the hat to folks that deserve it once in a while!

Kudos to all mentioned above!!

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Charlie, I listen to 750 from WAY down in SEGA...thought I might be the furthest listener, then some guy that was in Tx called in. I'm a purest and listen to you guys on the AM band, not over a cellular signal...kind of a nostalgia thing.
Keep up the good work!!

His radio is nationally syndicated, we had caller from New York as well.

bany

I appreciate his dedication and especially input here!

Gbr5pb

Shout out to Brian Price too! That’s awful early to be getting up with the new baby and all!

Jester896

Senior Clown
I was able to watch most of the 1st video. I would like an opportunity to change your belief that shooters can only kill 2-3 hogs in a field :D

can't wait to finish the videos

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Great asset to the forum.

I get a kick out of people who like to argue regulations and wildlife biology with him without knowing his background.

That's the best part! :bounce:

I was fortunate enough to serve on one of the committees that developed the new 10 year deer management and had the opportunity to work with Charlie. He is extremely knowledgeable and was more than willing to share his knowledge with us. We are lucky to have guys like him at WRD.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Great asset to the forum.

I get a kick out of people who like to argue regulations and wildlife biology with him without knowing his background.

Yep. Pretty entertaining at times:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That's the best part! :bounce:

I was fortunate enough to serve on one of the committees that developed the new 10 year deer management and had the opportunity to work with Charlie. He is extremely knowledgeable and was more than willing to share his knowledge with us. We are lucky to have guys like him at WRD.

Same here. I worked on the Committee representing the Southwest Georgia area. Got to listen to Charlie and John speak.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I don't doubt it, but I bet you can't kill a whole sounder.

you catch um up in a trap and just watch :D

Just 1 field one night I remember...there were 2 of us shooting and 6 hogs in the peanuts...we each fired and dropped 2...the other 4 were running in circles..his gun jammed and I ended up taking the other 4...an I don't shoot enough to be good. Went back 2 hours later and got 2 more. His record is 13 alone :) and mine might be 6...but I don't shoot enough to be as efficient as some. I think stalk hunting in open fields may...just may be a little more effective that you give credit for :)

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
you catch um up in a trap and just watch :D

Just 1 field one night I remember...there were 2 of us shooting and 6 hogs in the peanuts...we each fired and dropped 2...the other 4 were running in circles..his gun jammed and I ended up taking the other 4...an I don't shoot enough to be good. Went back 2 hours later and got 2 more. His record is 13 alone :) and mine might be 6...but I don't shoot enough to be as efficient as some. I think stalk hunting in open fields may...just may be a little more effective that you give credit for :)

I can be effective, but if you take a more holistic approach to hog control then it should be reserved for the times of year that pigs won't respond to bait (hitting crops or acorns heavily). Focus completely on trapping when during the periods when they readily respond to bait.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Let me also add that I really appreciate everyone here for giving me a platform to run my mouth about deer all the time! You all have always been extremely helpful to me as well, any time I've ever asked for advice (usually fishing) I get several PMs with everything I need to know and where to go.

rosewood

rosewood

I can be effective, but if you take a more holistic approach to hog control then it should be reserved for the times of year that pigs won't respond to bait (hitting crops or acorns heavily). Focus completely on trapping when during the periods when they readily respond to bait.
Yep, they are walking past the corn right now and scooping up the acorns. Which means the acorns will run out sooner and the deer will be back at my feeders. :)

Rosewood