Chattahoochee - Almo quota hunt logistics question

Zgoossens

I'll be at the Almo tract for the quota hunt 11/14-11/16. I was down there scouting last weekend and I noticed a couple signs from the October quota hunt on the trails into the WMA that said things like, "only 3 hunters in this area". I was wondering how they enforce or keep track of that. Previous quota hunts I attended(Berry college) it was kind of a free-for-all, but I have read that at places like Ossabaw hunters pick specific spots ahead of time. Anybody know how the logistics work at Almo?

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
I'll be at the Almo tract for the quota hunt 11/14-11/16. I was down there scouting last weekend and I noticed a couple signs from the October quota hunt on the trails into the WMA that said things like, "only 3 hunters in this area". I was wondering how they enforce or keep track of that. Previous quota hunts I attended(Berry college) it was kind of a free-for-all, but I have read that at places like Ossabaw hunters pick specific spots ahead of time. Anybody know how the logistics work at Almo?

How official were these signs? As far as I know only Ossabaw and Sapelo have assigned areas.

Some guys put up signs with the number of people in the area to try and keep others out.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Its 1st come 1st serve. Idiots always put up signs to keep other hunters out. Ignore it and go hunt

Zgoossens

So I was there last week for the quota hunt and didn't see any signs like I had seen earlier. From what I saw the hunters were generally respectful of where other people were set up and it was much less crowded and chaotic than the one other quota hunt I have been to (Berry). I also got a 7-point on Saturday, so it was a success despite the rain on Friday.IMG_20191116_074520.jpg