Chattahoochee Sow

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m a regular on the forum, may be my first post in the bear hunting forum, but I read it almost daily , and I can guarantee this bear is well deserved, congrats on a awesome hunt !

FMBear

CONGRATULATIONS on a fine bear indeed!
Hope you enjoy the bear BBQ & chili as much as I have.
Beautiful coat on that bear.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Congrats John.

Kyle what's the sign out sheet look like?

strothershwacker

I been reading your post for 2 years. We been on bout the same course. When I was packin my bear out I was thinkin to my self I hope that Jbogg gets him a bear. You did indeed. It's like you work so hard to earn it but when you get it, all you feel is thankful. A lot to be proud of but even more to be thankful for. Thanks fer sharing with us. Hope it's the 1st of many. And bear meats the best in the woods in my pinion.

jbogg

I really appreciate all the thoughtful comments on here. All the guys I have met through the bear forum are just real good people. I grew up dreaming about hunting ever since I was a kid. Problem was I did not know anyone in my life that was a hunter so it remained a dream until I was in my mid 20s. I stumbled around the woods for a few years and taught myself how to hunt deer, and then after I married I ended up in a small 200 acres hunting club in White County where I remained for almost 25 years.

Over the last few years I realized that my passion for hunting, that flame that had always burned so bright was starting to fade. I needed a new hunting experience. So, two years ago I quit my longtime Lease and decided I wanted to start over and learn how to hunt public ground in the mountains of my home state. This was absolutely the best decision of my hunting career. The experiences I have shared, and the memories I have created over the last two years will last a lifetime. I have never hunted anywhere so physically demanding, or had a hunt that was so rewarding. Thanks again to all those who helped me on this journey, and I Hope the good Lord sees fit to let me stomp around these hills for just a few more years.

Killer Kyle

Congrats John.

Kyle what's the sign out sheet look like?
Unicoi, bears no longer have to be signed out on sign in hunts. You just have to go through the whole call it in and get it tagged process. No sign out sheet anymore.
Its hard to put a number on how many were killed on the early rifle hunt. I dont know how many were killed, but I do personally know of 10 that were killed, and I can guarantee you the total number of bears killed is likely double that. If I know of 10 that were killed, I'll bet there were 10 others killed that I haven't heard about yet.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Unicoi, bears no longer have to be signed out on sign in hunts. You just have to go through the whole call it in and get it tagged process. No sign out sheet anymore.
Its hard to put a number on how many were killed on the early rifle hunt. I dont know how many were killed, but I do personally know of 10 that were killed, and I can guarantee you the total number of bears killed is likely double that. If I know of 10 that were killed, I'll bet there were 10 others killed that I haven't heard about yet.

And I do not like sign in hunts for that reason. Also not getting a extra tag stinks too, but not having to check a animal in takes away the nostalgia of the hunt itself. I like the convenience of the new system, but it's taking away from the experience some.

Ghost G

Congrats Jbogg. Sounds like you've worked very hard and that alone has made it rewarding. Thanks for starting the acorn thread this year. Nice looking bear!