Chattahoochee wma hunt

Thread starter #1

Timberman

Who all’s gonna be there? We’re hunting NF land around Blue Ridge and Cooper Creek but we might ride over there if it’s slow.

Thread starter #4

Timberman

Right! We’re going up tomorrow hole up in a holler and hit it Sunday. Winds 10-20 Sunday?

Jason C

Hunted Today and the bears are hitting the planted food plots hard lots of sign in a plot we hunted.. if you want a hog they are really tearing it up all over one of the food plots is almost all rooted up

T-N-T

Coming in town wed night. Hunting through Saturday.
Good luck yall

Not to sound to green, but do you eat bear or just hang'em on the wall/ floor rug. I just have never heard of any bear meat recipes and have always been curious what you do with 600lbs of meat????

Thread starter #10

Timberman

Sitting on a gap on NF in union county. Came in this am I sent my son to a bench where we found good bear sign earlier. He no sooner got settled when a wide 8pt came from behind him and walked by him on his right at about 5 yards. Of course it was his downwind side and he got winded and the buck took off. Came back this pm and jumped the rascal bedded on a south facing slope in the sun. Not much sign but a visual is the best sign! We’re gonna lay to him and see if he slips up. Good luck to all!

I hunted a low red oak saddle this evening to try and keep out of the wind. Only saw some squirrels. Headed back Wednesday to try again! Good luck y'all!

Thread starter #13

Timberman

We struck out and are back in civilization. How’s everyone doing?