Chicago style deep dish pizza

ambush80

I made my first low carb pizza the other day and almost cried. I'm trying a deep dish tonite. If this works my life will be complete. Here's the raw crust unceremoniously shoved into a pan.

raw.jpg

the crust gets precooked.
crust.jpg

Toppings: A bunch of sausage, pell pepper, pepperoni, baby bella shrooms, minced garlic, onions and fresh basil.
toppings.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is looking good!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Can't wait to see it when it comes out of the oven!

naildrvr

Man get outta here! I bet that's gone be mighty good.

ambush80

Meh.....

There's nothing like real bread especially that flaky, buttery crust of Chicago style deep dish. It was in no way flaky and it burned a bit on the sides. I may try it again with less precooking of the crust and much more mozarella cheese (which goes on the bottom). The low carb crust makes for better thin crust pizza. It was filling, though.
pie.jpg

Last edited:

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Nailed it!

Bream Pole

Tell me about this low carb crust?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks gooood!!

ambush80

Tell me about this low carb crust?

I tried this one first:

https://simplysohealthy.com/the-best-low-carb-pizza-crust-recipe/

Ingredients
I doubled the amount of almond flour but only used 3 CUPS!!! of cheese (4 seemed like too much) and a half a brick of cream cheese. I made a big thin crust pizza. Everybody that tried it said it seemed like regular pizza. I made up the sauce recipe. It was basically tomato paste thinned down with water and I added oregano, basil, garlic powder and onion powder, salt and pepper.

For the deep dish I used this recipe:

https://www.ketoconnect.net/low-carb-pizza/

Ingredients
Crust (skillet)
  • 1/2 cup Almond Flour
  • 1/4 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 large Egg
  • 1 tbsp bacon drippings (from cooked bacon)
  • 1 tbsp Oregano
I tripled everything except I only used 1 egg and no oregano. It will work. I have to get the pre-cook crust time right or not pre-cook it at all.

I was amazed at how the dough came together after nuking the cheese till it melted and stirring in the almond flour. You really need to use parchment paper because this dough is STICKY!!!!!! I'm gonna tweak on these recipes till I get exactly what I want but both of them were pretty darn good.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Meh.....

There's nothing like real bread especially that flaky, buttery crust of Chicago style deep dish. It was in no way flaky and it burned a bit on the sides. I may try it again with less precooking of the crust and much more mozarella cheese (which goes on the bottom). The low carb crust makes for better thin crust pizza. It was filling, though.
View attachment 961996

Home run!