Chicken, Carrotts & Squash

ryork

Simple and fresh tonight. Browned some chicken in a pan, and then finished in the oven. Roasted some garlic cloves in some oil, salt and pepper. Added the drippings from the oven roasting back to the browning pan, with the garlic, the juice of about half a lemon, and then some flour to thicken it down. That sauce was the hit of the dish! Best non-fried chicken I've ever had.

Pulled some carrots from my garden about 4:00 and they were in the pan at 5:30. If there's one vegetable where this is a night and day difference between fresh as can be and the grocery store, it's carrots. Funny the purple ones are as orange as any other one you peel them. Real simple prep, smothered in a pan with some walnut oil, butter, salt, pepper and a little brown sugar. Rounded it out with some fresh fried squash. 7-30 (1).jpg7-30 (2).jpg7-30 (3).jpg7-30 (4).jpg7-30 (5).jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That looks extraordinary! The chicken and veggies look just right, and I can eat my weight in fried squash (which is pretty impressive, because I weigh about 200. ) :)

GA1dad

Wow,, that does look delicious,,, ,well played!!!!

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Bravo ! :clap::clap::clap: