Chickfila's ridiculous customer service overkill

Thread starter #1
What is the deal with the customer service overkill at Chickfila?

Pull up at the drive through and some teenager comes staggering out of the bushes nearly heat stroking and dripping sweat all over my truck to take my order on a tablet. Tells me to pull around and pay after sending my order inside all high techy then halfway around the building theres another kid at a podium sweating to death taking money.

Last but not least theyve got Helpy Help-a-ton handing you your food in between your car and the building.............you know, because my arms are a foot long and I need some assistance to reach a sack of chicken in a drive through window.

Just get back in the A/C and have a non sweaty employee hand me my food and let me order at the speaker like people in drive throughs have always done.

As a footnote...... Chickfila needs to fire the idiots that signed off on taking money on the outside of the buiding as a good idea. At lunch rush there has to be a thousand dollars in a particle board podium guarded by a 100 lb teenage girl. Only a matter of time before some gutter dweller knocks over the Chickfila drive through.

Stupid.

Thread starter #2
Took a half dozen people to fill one guys order and they couldnt even get napkins in the bag. Maybe they were out from wiping all the sweat off of the" outside sales " associates.

Mmmm, just what I like when Im ready to eat lunch, a sweaty person serving me my food.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Easy to fix. Don't go there. Go to burger king, and sit in the drivethrough for thirty minutes waiting on burnt food you didn't order.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Get the chicfila one app. I pay with it, so I never use cash there. I also get free food all the time. I have no complaints about chic fila at all.

They're really just trying to innovate ways to prevent long line meltdowns without bulldozing the building. At any other restaurant, if it gets to busy, you just sit there stewing 30 minutes before a person who literally hates you, gives you the wrong food.

But....it is overkill. I prefer a geniune professional attitude over this ridiculous kissing up. Publix does the same thing. Go walking down the coffee aisle in my flip flops, every 30 seconds an employee attacks, asking if they can help you find something. It's a cool idea but they over-do it and it's yucky. Especially the begging to take my 18 ounce grocery bag to the truck for me. good topic

bilgerat

GONetwork Member
My local Publix hires a lot of handicap kids to do bagging and they always look disappointed if you don t let them carry your bags or push your cart out to your car, and what sucks is their not allowed to take tips! poor kid can hardly walk and struggles pushing a cart all the way out to the parking lot and back and they cant get a tip??? Publix has great CS but come-on, Give the kid a break

Patriot44

Sounds like a management problem to me from the local level. I have had one bad experience at a CFA in 30 years and that was two years ago in Cleve Land Jawga after tubing the Hooch. Got the order all screwed up but I wasn't even mad because it was the first time. Been awesome ever since then too.

Sounds like a management problem to me from the local level. I have had one bad experience at a CFA in 30 years and that was two years ago in Cleve Land Jawga after tubing the Hooch. Got the order all screwed up but I wasn't even mad because it was the first time. Been awesome ever since then too.
I knew you and Big Steve were BFF's.
How's he doin'?
:p

Gee....maybe you would rather go to McDonalds and sit in one of the two drive thru lines. After you give them the order and they read it back to you, it will still be wrong, but you won't care. Because you have gotten so mad from sitting in the line the 328 second average for McDonalds serving a car. So for the 4 cars in front of you, it takes 21.8 minutes to get to the window. And then, there won't be any bacon on your bacon double cheeseburger because the guy didn't feel like cooking it. ( I was really told this once)

Patriot44

I knew you and Big Steve were BFF's.
How's he doin'?
:p
HA. I do look for the Jeep with the bull horns every time that I go through. Imagine that, BiggSteve city is the only place to screw up a cheekun sammich.

bassboy1

Got the order all screwed up but I wasn't even mad because it was the first time. Been awesome ever since then too.
The one time I've ever had an order messed up from Chick-fil-a, an item was missing, and we didn't check the bag until getting home. We called, just to get a $$ credit for the missing sandwich, and the owner asked what our address was, said he'll be there with it in 10 minutes.

Sure enough, 10 minutes later he shows up with the missing sandwich and a stack of coupons. That was probably 12 years ago, and I'm still impressed.

Thread starter #20
I think this is the first time I've ever heard someone complain about good service. lol
That wasnt good service. It took twice as long because twice the people were involved and they werent busy. No one in front of me. Reminded me of the govt. 100 people to do one thing.

From a pure business standpoint you dont associate more cost to the same bottom line. They didnt charge extra.

Thatd be like me hiring 5 guys to do what 3 handle propelry already.

They're really just trying to innovate ways to prevent long line meltdowns without bulldozing the building. At any other restaurant, if it gets to busy, you just sit there stewing 30 minutes before a person who literally hates you, gives you the wrong food.

But....it is overkill. I prefer a geniune professional attitude over this ridiculous kissing up. Publix does the same thing. Go walking down the coffee aisle in my flip flops, every 30 seconds an employee attacks, asking if they can help you find something. It's a cool idea but they over-do it and it's yucky. Especially the begging to take my 18 ounce grocery bag to the truck for me. good topic

My God, a legitimate answer besides a sarcastic gasp affront to insulting their precious ChickFila.

Should I protest guys? Really give it to em? Would you be able to handle my dislike of dealing with 6 people to get what 2 used to get me in half the time? There was no one in line. Place wasnt even busy. I guess some of you like to feel special when ordering your chicken. Lol

Last edited: