Child dies of cancer

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Allah is Arabic for the "God" of the Abrahamic religions.

Islam believes in the same God as I do. We fall under the "Abrahamic monotheistic" religions that worship the God of Abraham, Creator of the Universe. . We are separated by "religions" (Muslim and Christianity) that each have their own teachings.

Muslims , "messenger" or "prophet" Muhammad

Christianity, "messenger" or "prophet" Jesus.

I don`t believe in Muhammad. I don't believe in Obama either. That's not saying they are not real. Religiously speaking, to believe requires faith in it or the practice of..
So explain that you don't believe in Obama.

Do you believe that other gods(besides the god of Abraham) exist?

If yes, why
If no, why.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
So explain that you don't believe in Obama
Let`s see if we can get this plane landed............a very small percentage of the Universe is observable...........why do you believe that the "undetectable" - just waiting to be discovered things that science has no explanation for are really there............if you stand on "it doesn't exist until it is proven to exist" ?

The explanations that I could give as to why I don't believe in Obama as a fit President would take hours to readfacepalm:

Do you believe that other gods(besides the god of Abraham) exist?

If yes, why
If no, why.

Yes. Exodus 20:3

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Let`s see if we can get this plane landed............a very small percentage of the Universe is observable...........why do you believe that the "undetectable" - just waiting to be discovered things that science has no explanation for are really there............if you stand on "it doesn't exist until it is proven to exist" ?
I do not stand on "it doesn't exist until it is proven to exist"
Science takes what is observable within the Universe and can come up with more likely than not scenarios. Some things it admits that may never be known and I agree.
No need to just slip something in there to sleep better.

The explanations that I could give as to why I don't believe in Obama as a fit President would take hours to readfacepalm:
Ohh no no no no.
You never said that you do not believe in Obama as a fit President.

You said that you Do Not Believe in Obama.
I asked you to explain that.

Yes. Exodus 20:3
So you are saying that you do believe in others gods existing, you just do not put them before the god you worship.
This cans of worms should be a good one.

Israel

BANNED
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 1 Cor. 8:5.
(what they completely lack in patience they are more than willing to try and make up for by fighting a battle in a war they have already lost. Ya ever see the activity of chicken with its head cut off? It's brief. But attention getting.)

And as to scientists, I got a great affinity for the one who says "I got a sense nothing is as it seems..." said the talking mud.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I do not stand on "it doesn't exist until it is proven to exist"
Ok so we can safely say that we haven`t heard that in here multiple times.

Ohh no no no no.
You never said that you do not believe in Obama as a fit President.

You said that you Do Not Believe in Obama.
I asked you to explain that."
Ok.............I do not believe in Obama.............what does it mean when a person says "believe in yourself"? What is that telling you if your boss said believe in yourself.....................or believe in the guy taking the trash out??

Hint...........trusting and confidence are a couple.

So you are saying that you do believe in others gods existing, you just do not put them before the god you worship.
This cans of worms should be a good one.
Well...............scripture sort of acknowledged it..............and even though you keep stating that I am denying their existence by saying I don't believe in them.........I have said all along that my faith is to have no other god before mine................

But................it would be interesting to see what you think is a god.;)

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Science takes what is observable within the Universe and can come up with more likely than not scenarios. Some things it admits that may never be known and I agree.
This does not answer the question concerning the unobservable.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
This discussion, like all the discussions held in the AAA forum has taken several turns down various pig trails and has accomplished nothing.

There is no need to hold these discussions, and it is quite the waste of time and talent.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
This discussion, like all the discussions held in the AAA forum has taken several turns down various pig trails and has accomplished nothing.

There is no need to hold these discussions, and it is quite the waste of time and talent.
We are doing fine.
I am enjoying it.
Life is complex and strays off path, no reason these conversations shouldn't either.

atlashunter

And...… if experiences are the proof in the pudding (your words) then their pudding is proof too.
Or neither one of your puddings is proof of anything at all.

^This. Relying on personal experience is a sign of the weakness of your position. It’s a retreat to an area others can’t put to the test and is typically a refuge of last resort.

WaltL1

I don't think anybody expects to "accomplish" anything. Its a subject with no definitive answer.
Its a subject that affects the entire world and a gigantic part of our history.
For some its not a waste of time to discuss/debate our history.
Im assuming you wont waste any more time here so......… insert tearful goodbye here.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Yes. Agreed. They have no difinitve answers for the unobservable.
And that’s why I asked the reason you put belief in that but nothing else without definitive answers.

But fair enough.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
:rofl:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That was a good spot for that video!:rofl:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I don't think anybody expects to "accomplish" anything. Its a subject with no definitive answer.
Its a subject that affects the entire world and a gigantic part of our history.
For some its not a waste of time to discuss/debate our history.
In a sense, sometimes it does seem like a waste of time because it gets off on cow trails to no end............and I think where the cow trails start is when the information that can be researched doesn't completely correspond to what is heard. It`s not that the information is wrong, but it seems that it covers it in general and the only way to get both ends of the spectrum is through discussion. Not only does it help me understand more about the gap between us, history in any subject has always been interesting to me.