child who sees spirits?

bilgerat

Senior
A good friend of Mine has a 5YO boy who said he has been seeing and feeling the presents of spirits, It started when he was 3 and He was really scared at first but has almost become used to it and isnt as frightened anymore. . He said there is one bad spirit who has spikes on his shoulders that would appear in his room at night and then a good spirit who is more of a 'white shadow" would come and take the bad one away. He dosent see them as much any more but said he can still feel their presents at home and away from home, He likes coming to My house because He said they wont come here ? . His Mother has spoken with her pastor and he said to just ignore it and tell him its just a dream and he would outgrow it. She is really worried and asked me what I thought.
His father was a friend of mine and passed away a month before he was born and I kinda stepped in to help them out to and to kinda give him a adult male figure in his early life.
Any suggestions of how to help him deal with this and these feelings ?

Artfuldodger

I've heard of children seeing dead people's spirits. Maybe children have a sense that lets them do this that grown ups loose. I don't know of any personally that have seen evil demon spirits. Most kids I know have only seen good spirits or relative spirits.

Jesus cast out demons and placed them in hogs. I would think this would let us know that their presence is or was possible. I'm not sure what his death on the cross did to nullify evil spirit activity.

Artfuldodger

I think as children grow they are told, or forced by peers, to not used this sense. In some societies it's OK to use this sense. It may actually be helpful.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I think you can help him deal with this and everything else in his life by continuing what you are doing. You have been kind and generous enough to offer him the presence of an adult male figure in his life. He obviously values that and you. I believe that any child in his position would benefit emensly from what you have given him.

Bless you for helping him and may God help you to continue.

LittleDrummerBoy

I wouldn't make too big a deal of it, but praying privately, as well as encouraging the young man with prayer and the word of God is always a good thing.

If these "spirits" start speaking messages to the boy, one might need to treat the messages pretty seriously - rejecting any unBiblical messages and the spirits that brought them.

StriperAddict

An Andrew Farley perspectives on spirits from 1 John 5: "The evil one cannot touch them", I hope this helps to clear any of the child's thinking/confusion.

Jesus cast out demons and placed them in hogs. I would think this would let us know that their presence is or was possible. I'm not sure what his death on the cross did to nullify evil spirit activity.
Jesus death on the cross did not in anyway nullify evil spirts. Acts 8:7 one example of demonic possession and exercism after the cross. I’m sure a lot of you already know a lot of what’s wrong with people nowadays is demon possession. There is a spirit of suicide, homosexuality, murder etc etc. Not everyone that commits these things is possessed but a lot are. Jesus healed several in the New Testament of seizures and spoke demons out of some for the same ailment. Obviously some were caused by a disease or ailment like epilepsy some had the same symptoms but was caused by a demon. Not much is heard or thought given to such things in our modern world. But the same demons that were loose in the Old Testement are still around today not the same type the exact same demon. They have been manipulating humans for thousands of years. I have talked to people that were in Church services when a demon possessed person was prayed for the preacher asked its name and in a mans voice it listed off several suicide, homosexuality etc the woman was prayed for and the spirts left her. They did not die they just went loose. I have also been told by elders in the Church it’s not safe for some to be in the presence in these situations if you have let yourself be open to such things the demons will take up residence in you. Jesus talks about the someone being possessed and the demon removed then the demon returning with 7 more Mathew 12:45.
As for the child that sees spirits I would be concerned. Anytime I hear someone say they saw grandma or some other relative rather the encounter was seemingly peaceful or not I feel it was not a “ghost” but a demon attempting to somehow gain entrance. There are certainly Angels and they may appear to someone but they would not take the form of a dead person. The devil and evil spirits cannot create anything they can only try to copy something.I understand the OP did not say the child saw a dead relative but a bad and good white spirit. I’d say the fact that he doesn’t see the “good spirit” when at your house would make me believe neither is good. I have an aunt that claims to have seen several dead family members at my Grandmas old vacant house. I used to stay there every Spring during Turkey season alone. Never once did I see or hear anything for several years. The last year I stayed at the house in a weeks time I heard several unexplained things and had items moved the next morning when I woke up. I don’t know what changed but I felt like something was there that year. I have not stayed in the house again more because I hunt elsewhere but I do believe something is in the house and it is not a dead relative.I know this is a long and somewhat off topic reply but it is a subject I have read a lot on and find interesting. As mentioned I would be concerned for the child and I might suggest finding a Church that believes in prayer cloths Acts 19:11-12 and have one in the child’s room may stop further visits. Nowhere in the Bible does a Spirit or Angel appear to someone without a specific reason from God. The only Spirit that would visit someone apparently without reason would not be from God. God is not the author of confusion 1 Cor 14:33

Last edited:

bilgerat

Senior
Since My original post on this his mother was given the number of a pastor from a old church in North Carolina who is said to have been blessed with visits and visions from Angels. He was kind enough to come down and visit with them . He blessed the home and prayed with them . He asked Jesus to take the evil spirit away and to protect the Boy and his mother from any other evil spirits when they are away form the home. well it seems to have worked, He has not had anymore visits of the spirits since!, He told his pastor the other day that Jesus was watching over him and was his friend.