Chitlins

QuakerBoy

Anyone recall the story Coon Dawg posted on the old board about his first time tryin chitlins :bounce:

matthewsman

fried fine,boiled you can have them

They didn't taste like liver to me though more like juicy pig skins

GeauxLSU

Though Cajuns will eat almost anything, I'm glad I can give my share of swine poop tubes to you fellers. Enjoy 'em, however you like 'em. ;) :eek:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
I don't eat anything that pig poo passes thru. I was born and raised in Ga. but have never had the pleasure of trying them.
My Dad use to eat them though.

Al White

My dad cooks them from time to time, along with pig brains w/scrambled eggs. They are alright, as long as you don't think about it when you eat them, or get any corn stuck in your teeth...... :)

beginnersluck

I think they misspelled the word "chiltlins" when someone named them...isn't there supposed to be an "S" to start the word? AIN'T GOING IN MY MOUTH...good or not! :speechles

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
Everyone that says they won't eat pig guts must not eat hotdogs either. I have tried chitlings one time and was not impressed. I would be willing to give it another try though. I think there used to be a place in Jackson called the mason jar that had them.

Robert

letsgohuntin

Bowbender said:
I asked a colored fella once what they taste like, he said just like pig ear.
Wow thanks for clearing that one up for me. ::huh:
This Yankee aint putting that in his mouth.

Bender

Ha! Thats a classic :p

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
sgsjr: I have a slight understanding of money. I too have some knowledge of Chitlins, being especially fond of them.

I am however having some difficulty understanding the relationship between money and Chitlins.

Could you shed some light on this for the benefit of those of us who are slow to catch on??

Vernon

Handgunner

Vernon, I think it was in reference to "I can afford better meat than chitlin's".

But I could be wrong. I have before... once, I think. :D

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
a few of you

may remember a thread I started last year about my first experience eatin' 'em..............another Chittlin will NEVER pass through my mouth!!...........it's like Jeff Young said......"they taste just like pig guts". :( :D :D

Handgunner

coon dawg said:
may remember a thread I started last year about my first experience eatin' 'em..............another Chittlin will NEVER pass through my mouth!!...........it's like Jeff Young said......"they taste just like pig guts". :( :D :D
John... Were they better on the way down, or back up??? :bounce:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Cracklins are great but I've never had the nerve or stomach to try Chitlins. Any of you Chitlin lovers ever tried Mountain Oysters, I ain't just wonderin' ::huh:

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
At hog killing time, we were always careful to keep the tenderloin and the chitlins. We always gave the mountain oysters to the hired hand. He always seemed grateful.

Vernon

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
Delton...........

those rascals stayed down..........don't think my mouth wanted to go through that again!!!.........I will say this............they taste a little better than they smell while cookin'...................heck, I thought a sewer line broke....................this would have helped> :cheers: :cheers: