Choke For Long Beard Shot

Turkeydoghunter

What Choke do you recommend for Long Beard Ammo by Winchester Looking for one that's not Like a soft ball at 20 yards but can give a good pattern out to 40 yards maybe 50 if open enough .......post your patterns at those distances thanks for your help

deast1988

Trulock, 60day money back guarantee

GADawg08

yep....I started a thread a few weeks ago but I'm not as smart as some of these guys and don't know how to post the link to that thread but it was titled "trulock and longbeard xr"

Turkeydoghunter

thanks did any body ever try the pattern master black code goose choke ???

mose

It helps to mention what constriction the choke is.

1776Flintlock

It helps to mention what constriction the choke is.

Depends on the shotgun you use. My Indian Creek is .001 smaller diameter than my Hevi Shot Choke.

I did a lot of chokes to find out the best performance using the same shot shells.

HEVI Shot 3 ½" 12guage blended works fir me in my Mossberg.

All guns, ammo, shooting competence, eysight, dustance you are cimfortable shooting out to varies so you have to spend money and time to figure out the best combo you prefer.

Indian Creek lists their chokes matched to various shotguns.

Good luck finding the combo that works for you!

KentuckyHeadhunter

I'm using a Trulock .660 turkey choke with 3" Winchester Longbeard XR #6 shot. In a Mossberg 535 with a 28" barrel. I could easily smoke one at 50 or more but I don't think I would. Most of mine have always been 20-30 yards. But the choke and shell combo was a long road before I found a winner.

armyvet4583

This is 20 left 40 right out of 870 with tightwad .660 #6 long beard.

Attachments

• 0317160934.jpg
    0317160934.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 247

Gamblinman

I would like to see the 40 yard a bit tighter...really spreads out. Most turkey chokes will hold a tight pattern at 20 yard. They do their real work 30 yards and beyond.

Gman