Christmas Dinner

DanTroop2000

Gone But Not Forgotten
I need some dinner recipes for christmas dinner. Had ham and turkey the last couple weeks want something differ,also some main dishes to. was thank adout a prime rib roast. what would be good with prime rib. what is gone to be cooking at your house. Iwill be the cook for this dinner. :banginghe :flag:

Jeff Phillips

About 20 years ago we decided Momma was spending too much time in the kitchen on Christmas.

For the last 20 years we've had:
1 1/2" thick ribeyes
Mushrooms - cooked in sherry, A-1, and Lea & Perrins
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Big Salad
Home made fudge, cookies, and candy for dessert :p

It's quick, easy, and GOOD :fine:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Prime Rib sounds good along with a big ole baked tater, cheese toast and a big salad with honey mustard dressing. Sounds just like a trip to Houstons to me... ;) :D

Something else I thought of that I think I may do for New Years day and that's making a big ole pot of seafood gumbo along with some smoked sausage and rice on the side. I think it would be pretty good while watching the Dawgs in the Outback Bowl that day...:D

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Tater,

What time should we be there?

I like mine rare. Or as my Mama says, "A good veterinarian should be able to bring it back to life!"

:speechles

DoDahDaze

The perfect Prime Rib Dinner MY FAVORITE!!!!

Mt. Vernon Rib Roast

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 3 - 4 hours
Servings: Serves 8-10

6-10 lb. beef Standing Rib Roast or Rib Eye Roast, fat trimmed to 1/8-inch thick

Rub:
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
3 Tbsp. freshly grated lemon peel
4 tsp. dried thyme, crumbled
8 juniper berries, chrushed or 1 Tbsp. gin
6 cloves garlic
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
4-8 drops Tabasco sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

Combine parsley, lemon peel, thyme, juniper berries, pepper and Tabasco in blender. Add oil 1 Tbsp. at a time to form a smooth paste. Add lemon juice. Blend.

Rub mixture over surface of roast. Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours.

Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Cook in a preheated 500°F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325°F and roast for 20 minutes per pound.

Insert meat thermometer in thickest part of roast, not touching bone or fat. Remove roast from oven when thermometer reads 135°F for medium-rare to 150°F for medium.

Let roast stand 15-20 minutes before carving.

Hunter's Horseradish Sauce

Prep: 20 minutes
Servings: Serves 10-12

1 1/2 cups sour cream
6-8 Tbsp. prepared horseradish, drained
6 drops Tabasco sauce
3 Tbsp. minced onion
3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Mix horseradish and sour cream well.
Fold in Tabasco, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
Cover and chill until serving time.

Fruited Wild Rice with Pecans

Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Servings: Serves 8

1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 package (6 oz.) original flavor long grain and wild rice mix
1 1/2 cups Chicken stock
2/3 cup apple juice or cider
1 small red apple, chopped
1 small green apple, chopped
1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped and toasted

In medium saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes.

Stir in rice, seasoning packet, chicken broth and apple cider. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover tightly and simmer 20-25 minutes until rice is tender.

Stir in apples. Cover; continue cooking 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in pecans.

Individual Yorkshire Puddings

Prep: 3 1/2 hours
Cook: 30 minutes
Servings: Serves 8

3/4 cup milk at room temperature
3/4 cup water at room temperature
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup roast beef pan drippings

In a food processor or blender, blend milk, water, eggs and salt for 15 seconds. With motor running, add flour, a little at a time, and blend on high for 2 minutes. Transfer batter to a bowl and let stand, covered, at room temperature for 3 hours.

Preheat oven to 450°F. Pour 1-1/2 tsp. of pan drippings into each of eight 4-1/2 x 1-inch pie pans or standard sized muffin tins. Put the pans on 2 baking sheets and heat in the oven for 10 minutes, or until smoking hot.

Return the batter to the food processor and blend for 10 seconds. Divide among the pie pans or muffin tins and bake in the lower third of the oven for 20 minutes.

Reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for 10 minutes more.

Remove puddings from pans and serve immediately.
:yeah: Sit back on the couch after dinner and take a nap. :yeah:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
I think DoDahDaze has it going on... :bounce:

I'll have to print that one out myself.

Thanks for sharing!... :clap:

Jeff Phillips

Jeff - Will be ready to eat about 6:00 in Cumming :p

Come on up :yeah:

BTW: We don't have any famous folks this year, but you are invited to Oak Hill for the Christmas Eve service. Fudge, cookies, and coffee at my house after :D