Christmas morning scrape action

Blackston

That's a nice buck. Were y'all opening ? when the pic came in ?

Mark K

Banned
Haha, we had already opened and I was checking traps on the other end of the property. He’s on the no shoot list anyways. Got too many old deer that need shot.

I'm still finding fresh sign in NE Bartow

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
MARK, you've got some healthy looking bucks along with some really awesome habitat as well.

Pretty deer. I found a bird in the very first pic.

Yes. I also see that bird in the first photo as it was looking over its left shoulder and checking out everything else that is in the woods. It is also in the 3rd photo as well but on a different limb.

It is nice to have another "Eagle Eye" out there that does their best to "really" see if there are possibly other deer or other critters watching as well. That is always normal for me.

Last edited:

Mark K

Banned
What about the Fox Squirrel, lol? I’m going thin the squirrel population soon. I’ll have 6-7 greys and about 4-5 Fox squirrels at one time at that feeder. They have actually run deer off before! That “homemade feeder” was mainly built for fun and to see if we could keep the hogs away. It worked. Have maybe half a dozen pics of hogs since August. They pass through and smell but can’t reach it.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
What about the Fox Squirrel, lol? I’m going thin the squirrel population soon. I’ll have 6-7 greys and about 4-5 Fox squirrels at one time at that feeder. They have actually run deer off before! That “homemade feeder” was mainly built for fun and to see if we could keep the hogs away. It worked. Have maybe half a dozen pics of hogs since August. They pass through and smell but can’t reach it.

I see what appears to be a really hungry grey squirrel in the 10/1/2018 mid-afternoon photo because it doesn't look like the fox squirrels in my area of the state as the ones that I have seen are much larger and more brown, black, or reddish color and does not have the standard grey and white hair like the smaller greys. To my knowledge, I do not have any fox squirrels on my property now but I wish that I did because I love to watch them because they are really beautiful. I must have 30-40 of the regular greys and some of them will actual come up and be only be a foot or so from my leg or gun barrel as I am sitting on the ground on a cushion in my camouflaged blind in oak woods. On one hunt, I was afraid that one squirrel that was climbing down the tree right above my head was going to jump over onto my cap, so I moved my hand just a little to make it stop and retreat somewhat.