Civil war history at our hunt club

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
We have a member of our club that is a retired history teacher. He's been researching our area for civil war history and came across this. http://boysinbutternutlaurens.blogspot.com/2010/07/hospital-for-horses.html?m=1 It's been known that this property was a large plantation after the civil war. There's still old foundations where our camp is and a cistern in a spring in a hardwood draw below camp

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Very cool! Better watch out for them civil war ghost horses walking in to your stand :hair:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Very cool! Better watch out for them civil war ghost horses walking in to your stand :hair:
There's a cemetery close to the county road. Several large,deep depressions in the area but none of them are marked. Makes me wonder

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
A very good article. I had no idea anything like that was attempted.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Very interesting, thanks for posting.

Chrisco6

Cool read, i drive right through there on the way to my lease. Good looking Georgia
Dirt. I notice alot of big hogs just laying on side of the road?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Cool read, i drive right through there on the way to my lease. Good looking Georgia
Dirt. I notice alot of big hogs just laying on side of the road?
There was more than normal a couple months ago. We think someone was killing them and throwing them on the side of the road.

Duff

Good read!

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
That was very interesting. Never heard of such

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Unmarked depressions may be slave graves. We have some on our property!
That's what we were thinking. The timber company cut the trees around it several years ago and left a good acre or so,they must know it's a cemetery of some sort

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I surely agree with others above as this is one of the most interesting reads that I have seen in quite a while.

Thank you for sharing this with all of us.