Clarks Hill Question

rab1951

I recently moved to Warrenton and would like to start fishing at Clarks Hill. Im looking for suggestions on boat ramps around the Thomson area. Ive never been on the lake so any advice is appreciated. I mainly fish for crappie and catfish and was going to Oconee but I think Clarks Hill is closer now. Thanks for the help.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
The closest access to you will be up the Little River arm of the lake. The very closest is probably Big Heart Park. It is off of US-78 north of Thomson on the point between Big Creek and Heat Creek at Russell Rd. The next closest will be a little further along on US-78 where it crosses Little River into Wilkes Colunty but the water here is at the very top of the lake and is more river like. The closest bigger water to you will be at Raysville. Amity Park is on GA-43 just over the Raysville Bridge into Lincoln County. The next closest moving on down the Little River arm of the Lake is probably Mistletoe Park which is off Ga-150 in the Winfield Community.

GTMODawg

BANNED
I recently moved to Warrenton and would like to start fishing at Clarks Hill. Im looking for suggestions on boat ramps around the Thomson area. Ive never been on the lake so any advice is appreciated. I mainly fish for crappie and catfish and was going to Oconee but I think Clarks Hill is closer now. Thanks for the help.

Raysville and Amity are good choices. Holiday Park is not too far and there is very good fishing in that area. There is around Raysville and Amity also.

Clark Hill is so big it is more like 5-6 lakes. There is good fishing all over it. In my experience no one area is better than another. It is not one that most people try to fish north to south and east to west....there are people who do know it entirely but most know one or two areas. That is the best in my opinion. Learn the little river area and the area around Raysville and you'll have as much lake as most people have. There is a heap more of the hill but its all good in my experience.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Clark's Hill is the best crappie and catfish lake I've ever fished. Good for bass and stripers, too. I have a little place on the SC side, headed down there today. I mostly fish the SC Little River arm and the mid-lake area, but it's been good everywhere on the lake I've fished. As others have said, it's a huge lake.

rab1951

Thanks for the help. I went to Raysville, Amity, and Mistletoe today. I think im gonna start at Raysville.