Clay County

12pointer

Went up the the lease sat. to check out the camp everything was ok other then some down limbs around the camp. We saw some good sign a few deer and some turkeys with their young. Some afternoon thunder storms rolled in . so we sat on the front porch of the camp house , and watched them roll by didnt get alot of rain out of them, seems like most of the rain was south of us towards blakeley. Went to the Ga. Giant and ate a good dinner. Any body else on here hunting Clay county ? if so hows things looking on your hunting lease ?

florida boy

I hunt Clay right on the border of Early . We had no water for awhile but it seems to be pretty consistent over the last few weeks . I go up about everyother weekend . The bucks seem to be developing well .

12pointer

Floridaboy we just got our cameras out this pass weekend Im running a little behind this year. do you hunt close to hwy 39 ? I have seen some real nice bucks heading up to the club, we hunt east of fort gaines .

Mako22

BANNED
I went up there memorial day weekend and things looked good, saw a lot of deer track. Right now it appears we are going down to the wire on keeping the lease, I'm waiting to hear from the president if we can get the money in by Thursday. I hate to lose a lease cause we are short one member but times are hard for a lot of people these days.

Hammack

12 pointer, I have lived, and hunted here most of my life. Deer seem to be doing well from what I have seen, and seen some good bucks running about. I live east of Ft. Gaines out at Suttons Corner. My great grandmother was a Sutton that they area was named for so my family has been around these parts for awhile.

florida boy

Floridaboy we just got our cameras out this pass weekend Im running a little behind this year. do you hunt close to hwy 39 ? I have seen some real nice bucks heading up to the club, we hunt east of fort gaines .

I hunt about half way up between blakley and Ft gaines a few miles east of 39

Last edited:

florida boy

went up to lease over the weekend . The fields around us have lakes in them now . Had a few good showers while we were there .

12pointer

Im heading up one afternoon this week to check cameras and install a new a/c in the camper ,will need it during bow season.

12pointer

Went up to the club this past sat. saw a lot of goood sign , the only problem was that it was HOT! HOT! HOT! sure hope it cools off some before bow season guys.

12pointer

Well I got the notice a couple of days ago that plumcreek will start some cutting on our club , they have been telling us the last 3 yrs. that they where going to cut , they flagged the gate so they are on the way. I like hunting on a clearcut I have killed and seen some nice deer on clearcuts. I know that timber is their business , but it will still be alittle sad . I hope they get on in there and get out my rifle season.

Mako22

BANNED
Well I got the notice a couple of days ago that plumcreek will start some cutting on our club , they have been telling us the last 3 yrs. that they where going to cut , they flagged the gate so they are on the way. I like hunting on a clearcut I have killed and seen some nice deer on clearcuts. I know that timber is their business , but it will still be alittle sad . I hope they get on in there and get out my rifle season.

Good luck with that 12pointer they seem to like taking their time about it. Two years back they thinned us 3 weeks before gun season up to a few days before opening day. Then they came back around December 1st and clear cut the rest. That in and out of the property stuff pretty much ruined my season. I hope you have better luck with them.

Mako22

BANNED
Rode the club this weekend and saw a lot of deer track. They are still heavily traveling the deer trail I scouted back in late January. I put a stand about 65 yards up a row in the pines from where this trail crosses, I can't wait till gun season.

12pointer

Well they started cutting last monday ,they are leaving several pines scattered through the area they are cutting right now , will be some good trees to climb good and high in. The deer are hitting the feeders real good along with a few hogs will have to take care of the porkers shortley.

12pointer

Went to the club today to check cameras havent been up in a week and a half had 1500 pics between the 3 cameras me and my son will be there next weekend with bow and stick in hand , put out a couple trough feeders that we built put alittle corn on the ground around them to let them get us to them before we fill them up , I hope they take to them like they took to the spinn feeders. The weather was pretty nice today with the lower temp. and the wind blowing.

florida boy

Big six point dad got opening day..... not much moving with this moon phase and the gnats are horrible still!

Attachments

• CIMG0404.JPG
    CIMG0404.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 4,682

12pointer

Nice deer , I didnt get to go opening weekend my mother had total knee replacement friday so I was at hospital with her, my son went sat. morning saw 3 does and 2 yearlings but no horn , he said he thought one of the does was going to try to climb the tree he was in she was so close under the tree he was in looking at her though the arm braces of his climber,hopefully I will get to go this coming up weekend . My son checked one camera while he was there and 90 % of the pics where in the afternoon ,its funny how the moon will change the feeding pattern. the week before most pics. where in the morning.

12pointer

Well if everything goes ok I will be going in the morning for the first time , I have been under the weather a little found out that the top part of my heart was not flowing blood like it is suppose to , went in the hospital dr. ran tube down my throat to check for blood clots and also shocked my heart 4 times to see if they could get it back pumping right it didnt work so they put me on blood thinner for a couple weeks and then they are going to shock me again, I hope it works . Maybe me or my son will get to sling a arrow in the morning , I also need to check the cameras and fill the feeders tomorrow and clean up around the camper alittle bit.

12pointer

Well I got to go sat. morning had 2 does annd 2 button head bucks come within 10 yds. of my tree , decided not to take any of them. The wind got up later in the morning had a buck come up from down wind of me and busted me oh well there will be another day, had a nice morning hunting. Checked cameras had some nice pics of bucks and also some hogs.