CLIMATE LAWSUIT

Thread starter #1

rospaw

FEDERAL JUDGE STUMPS TRIAL LAWYERS HANDLING NYC’S CLIMATE LAWSUIT WITH ONE QUESTION

A federal judge posed a question to lawyers representing New York City in its global warming lawsuit against five major oil companies — does the city invest in fossil fuels?

The answer is an unambiguous yes, but attorneys representing the city told U.S. District Court Judge John Keenan they “don’t know,” further arguing that fact was “beyond the scope of the pleadings”

:eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/13/federal-judge-trial-lawyers-nyc-climate-lawsuit/

dwhee87

That amounts to a pretty solid smack down.

The oil companies should just shut off deliveries of petroleum products to NYC. I figure it would take about a week for attitudes to straighten out.

bassboy1

"In total, the City’s five pension funds hold roughly $5 billion in the securities of over 190 fossil fuel companies,” reads the city’s January news release on divestment.
That should give anyone with a city pension a warm fuzzy feeling. "Let's try to ruin the companies that your retirement is invested in."

hawglips

The oil companies should just shut off deliveries of petroleum products to NYC. I figure it would take about a week for attitudes to straighten out.
I would give 'em two days max before they'd start singing a different tune.