Close quarters at the Captain's Cafe'

olcaptain

That snug feeling you get when you chose a booth but should have gotten a table…………………………………..
VmlEvFd.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You are growing some monster coons.

Dr. Strangelove

I expect a coon cooking thread in the near future. Friends of mine tell me that they (coons) are awesome eating!

tjchurch

That coon has a little bitty head. Lol.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I expect a coon cooking thread in the near future. Friends of mine tell me that they (coons) are awesome eating!

Bar b Que...............

Way back many years ago, my Dad and some of his hunting friends would get together on a Saturday and cook up all sorts of wild game dishes and fish etc. It was more like each one of them were trying to out cook the others. I remember one time that a guy had cooked up two BBQ'd coons complete with baked sweet potatoes and collard greens and it was fantastic. His cooked up lunch that day didn't last long at all as everybody wanted a taste of it.

I know that during 2017, I distributed 4,600 lbs of corn on my property and that kept about 20 plus coons (of all sizes) and several other critters fat and happy the entire year such as deer, turkeys, doves, ducks, crows, hawks, bluejays, redbirds, rabbits, possums, squirrels, bobcats, armadillos, rats, coyotes, and even one 4 ft tall blue heron. About the only things that didn't show up on camera was a proverbial "black panther" and the wild hogs that previously had roamed all over !!!!!!! :D:D:D

I fed them well during 2017 as I didn't hunt at all this past year. I'm looking forward to a good crop of new fawns later this year.

olcaptain

Way back many years ago, my Dad and some of his hunting friends would get together on a Saturday and cook up all sorts of wild game dishes and fish etc. It was more like each one of them were trying to out cook the others. I remember one time that a guy had cooked up two BBQ'd coons complete with baked sweet potatoes and collard greens and it was fantastic. His cooked up lunch that day didn't last long at all as everybody wanted a taste of it.

I know that during 2017, I distributed 4,600 lbs of corn on my property and that kept about 20 plus coons (of all sizes) and several other critters fat and happy the entire year such as deer, turkeys, doves, ducks, crows, hawks, bluejays, redbirds, rabbits, possums, squirrels, bobcats, armadillos, rats, coyotes, and even one 4 ft tall blue heron. About the only things that didn't show up on camera was a proverbial "black panther" and the wild hogs that previously had roamed all over !!!!!!! :D:D:D

I fed them well during 2017 as I didn't hunt at all this past year. I'm looking forward to a good crop of new fawns later this year.

We have several that frequent the Café.

nVKViN8.jpg

HVBPvI0.jpg

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Horace,

I get so many coon photos that I delete 99 percent of them unless like this one that I kept recently because I was thinking about your cafe. :cheers: I did have a couple of photos that had 4-5 coons in them recently but I was in a hurry so I deleted them as well.

I thought maybe that I could send these three in this photo over to you and they could really have a ball at your "all you can eat" buffet !!!!! As you can see when I mentioned your name, this one up close rose up and said, "Hey, I would like to go sample olcaptain's food too". :D:D:D

Attachments

• T-CAM # 2 UPPER            12-24-17 280.jpg
    T-CAM # 2 UPPER 12-24-17 280.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 711

olcaptain

Horace,

I get so many coon photos that I delete 99 percent of them unless like this one that I kept recently because I was thinking about your cafe. :cheers: I did have a couple of photos that had 4-5 coons in them recently but I was in a hurry so I deleted them as well.

I thought maybe that I could send these three in this photo over to you and they could really have a ball at your "all you can eat" buffet !!!!! As you can see when I mentioned your name, this one up close rose up and said, "Hey, I would like to go sample olcaptain's food too". :D:D:D

I think he is looking for the Special at the Captain's Cafe'!