Club members who go home after the hunt

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, it’s part of the adventure when you wake to hear a bear huffing right outside your tent as he rummages through camp.
At least you can run a bear off. You can't chase a polecat out of your camp. :)

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
2 hour drive for us. We go down on Friday come home Sunday. We do a couple 3-5 day hunts the first few weeks of the season. We have a big family club. Hunt camp is as much a social outing as it is a hunting trip for us. My son grew up hunting there and I can't go without the girlfriend. She likes it more than I do. She hunts and kills as many To

ditchdoc24

10 minute drive to the club for me. My wife's uncle and cousin are in the same club and we all live 10 mins or less away.

We usually go on Friday or early Saturday morning(like Saturday morning bc of less traffic). Stay until Sunday, but I miss alot of Saturday afternoon hunts just staying at camp and watching the Bulldogs and cooking. Not much too look at, no running water but the wood heater and generator keeps us comfortable and is dry for the past 20 years. Plus a lot of memories with family.Resized_20161029_190014.jpg

Mark K

Banned
We had a camper and would go down Friday evenings and come home Sunday evening. When we lost the lease we sold the camper.
Now I hunt a good 10-20 minute drive away...depends on which stand I want to hunt. Hunt just about every evening during the week and mornings and evenings on the weekends.
Enjoyed the camping and lease, but this is so much nicer, lol!

Big7

The Oracle
I have a couple of places in Walton County that are within 30 minutes. Day trip, no problem. I hunt Warren and Jefferson Counties a good bit. I'll leave my camper at one or the other- year round. That way I can stay as long as I want to. Two weeks or more, mostly alone- is not uncommon for me to hunt. Leaving the camper year round also gives me a place to shower an sit in the air conditioner when I go work on food plots.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
We usually go on Friday or early Saturday morning(like Saturday morning bc of less traffic). Stay until Sunday, but I miss alot of Saturday afternoon hunts just staying at camp and watching the Bulldogs and cooking. Not much too look at, no running water but the wood heater and generator keeps us comfortable and is dry for the past 20 years. Plus a lot of memories with family.View attachment 980303

Good looking setup. If you haven’t already post your camp pics here.

http://forum.gon.com/threads/deer-camp-aka-home-away-from-home-pics.641894/

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
We usually go on Friday or early Saturday morning(like Saturday morning bc of less traffic). Stay until Sunday, but I miss alot of Saturday afternoon hunts just staying at camp and watching the Bulldogs and cooking. Not much too look at, no running water but the wood heater and generator keeps us comfortable and is dry for the past 20 years. Plus a lot of memories with family.View attachment 980303

Man there is not a thing wrong with that. Our hunting cabin is very similar.

Man there is not a thing wrong with that. Our hunting cabin is very similar.
Should have seen it 20 years ago, everyone was was afraid to go in there. My uncle put a wood heater in there, we worked on the floors, then everyone wanted to sit in there by December. After a few years we kept working on it and finally got it looking "good". Not to my wife ?. Even have a shower. Some of the best nights sleep, wood heater knocks me out.

Attachments

• Resized_20181222_211039.jpg
    Resized_20181222_211039.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 26

biggdogg

Don't get me wrong. I love camping. I have two tents depending on whether it's the whole family or just me and one of the kids. I'm in a club that's an hour and a half drive from home and with my daughters softball schedule, I believe I have stayed at camp two, maybe three times in the five years Iv'e been a member. I may get to camp this season now that my son has graduated and wrestling season doesn't completely wreck November and December though.

That said, I enjoy being home with the missus too. Kinda why a married the woman...