Club Rules specifically enacted to address hunting pressure.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I know a lot of folks believe heavy hunting pressure will negatively affect deer hunting success.

I don’t really want to argue this idea.

My question is what Hunting Club Rules are in existence to attempt to reduce hunting pressure on game? What have you tried or have heard of that clubs do to reduce the pressure on land or area?

Does your club have a culture that recognizes and tries to address negative pressure on bucks?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You can't kill does on my property.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
1000 acres seems big to us. A deer can run across that and then some in 15 minutes.
Ask a dog hunter.

acurasquirrel

Electric vehicles only during hunting season. Parking in designated areas only. Club is off limits to everyone two weeks prior to season open. No killing does in food plots until after the rut.

uturn

Less is more when it comes to members!!!!

Don't shoot does!

Entry and exit routes are equally important! Never hunt a stand when the wind isn't right for it! And, don't be afraid to walk a 1/2 mile or more to your stand!

Stay out of bedding areas always! No scouting after August!

Did I say less is more when it comes to members!!!!

acurasquirrel

All I know is I see deer 95% of the time when I’m out. The food plots usually start seeing action about and hour before legal hours are over.

shdw633

Private areas and no ATV's without silencers.

We have about 32 private areas on 2000 acres. Generally speaking you have to be 200 yards away and not cutting off another members deer. You can drive through a private area to get to a stand to hunt but you have to drive through before daylight and stay until at least 10 am and out by 4 pm and can't go past them until after safe shooting hours have passed, i.e. 30 minutes after sunset. This usually only applies to members that placed a private area for the purposes of road hunting, they are informed if they do that then they have no recourse should another member drive through unexpectedly.

swamp hunter

We have No Rules for much of anything...
But you can use that to your advantage. The Bucks will quit walking around all over and retreat to the Thickets...That's where my Dove Stool is located.
So in a way they force the deer to come see me.

Buckstop

Like most have said, no scouting in season, electric carts, hunting the wind, entry n exits that don’t blow the deer outta the area, no doe shooting in plots and anywhere until after the rut, club trailcams that are checked no more than every 3 or 4 weeks, giving the thicker areas and bottoms to the deer and just not hunting with the guy who has to scout n move his stand after every hunt. All things we do to keep them on their patterns. Works. We generally keep a higher density of deer on our property than surrounding tracts as well as predictable travel patterns. Its great hunting deer that are going about their business and not all sketchy or nocturnal.

rigderunner

Now guys I'm no wildlife biologist here but Harry045 ask about hunting pressure. So what does killing does have to do with pressure. Imo the pressure comes from just being in there and riding around so on so forth. Not trying to ruffle any feathers but just wondering cause alot of clubs have a 2 doe limit anyway.