Cluster

Hunter922

You ever get to a shoot and immediately know the hunters likely out number the birds 20 to 1... this is a cluster.... oversold the field for sure....

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
We're off of highway 11 near campton. 80 hunters and no birds. Hoping they fly late. We're about to walk into the shooting range and bust some caps

Mark K

Banned
The only good pay hunts I’ve been on were limited tickets per field. Bales were spaced far enough apart and there were no bad spots.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
They're shooting kildeer. facepalm: The guy beside me shot one. Said it's the wrong kind

TurkeyH90

Good stories here. I've never hunted the Perry Dove Field but I have heard stories. Sounds alot like these. I meant to ride by it today. It usually resembles Woodstock

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
@Washtub did you end up shooting any birds. I was on the hay field beside the barn. He told me they shot 80 limits off of that field last year. Needless to say I won't be hunting there again

Washtub

@Washtub did you end up shooting any birds. I was on the hay field beside the barn. He told me they shot 80 limits off of that field last year. Needless to say I won't be hunting there again

We killed a few. We were down on the smaller field across the road. I had been throughout the week to scout and the smaller field was the only field that had any birds. The big field by the barns didn’t have any birds at all. As far as I could tell, there wasn’t hardly any feed for them on the big field. The smaller field did have a little bit of millet in it.

Rick Alexander

I was at the McDuffie PFA quota shoot on Saturday. HOT HOT HOT - and I'm not talking about the number of birds. My phone said it was 98 degrees at around 3:00. They started coming in at 3:30 or so and were pretty good until about 6:30. Sporadic after that. I got 10 but if I could have hit worth a darn would have limited before 6:30 for sure. Small field but well laid out and the birds were coming to the planting. I definitely happened on the hot spot in the field (luck - no scouting) but I think everyone seemed to be getting opportunities. Overall - a really good shoot. Would have been much better if it wasn't so darned HOT. My first time at a public shoot and I'm pretty sure my first opening day. Boy some of those doves were TINY.

JWT

They left a week before season opened, I don’t hunt it but I pretty much live on the farm , I’m last house on corner with black fence

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
They left a week before season opened, I don’t hunt it but I pretty much live on the farm , I’m last house on corner with black fence
They left because he didn't prep it right. I was at a job Monday in Walton county near a dove field that was loaded with dove and 3-4 guys shooting. They were done before 8 o'clock. The birds are around. Just not there