Coastal Hog in the snow

Big7

Look at that head on that one!

Big-Un for sure!

bfriendly

Nothin more fun than killin one in the snow!

Way to go!!! That’s a big ole pig too!!

Look at that head on that one!

Big-Un for sure!
That's a wild lookin' one for sure! LONG snout!! Big boar in the snow in South GA. That might not happen again in your lifetime!!! Way to go man!! Awesome boar!

Hey Mike, is that a big scar under his eye! That's what I call a war pig! Looks like he was an old fighter!
And would do us a favor? There's always debate on here about how big boars taste. Would you update us sometime in the future on how some of the meat turned out? I've eaten a lot of wild pigs, but never a big old boar, and I'm interested to know how he cooks up!!

jbogg

Nice boar! I tried to find some pigs when it snowed up here last month. Got up on top to find plenty of tracks, but the snow was 12 - 14” deep and it was slow going.

mcarge

Thread starter #14
Hey Mike, is that a big scar under his eye! That's what I call a war pig! Looks like he was an old fighter!
And would do us a favor? There's always debate on here about how big boars taste. Would you update us sometime in the future on how some of the meat turned out? I've eaten a lot of wild pigs, but never a big old boar, and I'm interested to know how he cooks up!!
I will let you know.. haven't had one yet that wasn't good but I will tell you that even the back straps off this guy after 5 days of "cool down" time smelled quite musky to say the least.. we will see what 12 hours of smoke do to him.