Coffee cups

SC Hunter

This isn't really about food but its breakfast related. While cooking breakfast for the kids on my day off this morning I got to looking at our coffee cups. It's raining and we're bored so I figured I'd post this. We have a pile of basic coffee cups, just run of the mill coffee cups but I usually drink coffee out of a yeti or rtic cup that we've acquired somewhere. (They tend to keep the coffee hot longer) I've noticed @Dub has a pile of cool coffee cups, does everybody have a favorite cup or alternate or what?

specialk

yeti here, xmas gift....luv it...

Dub

Thanks, SC Hunter.

It’s no mystery that I enjoy my coffee a great deal. Three cups when I wake up are the ticket.

On workdays that hour of coffee time is a mighty peaceful way to kick things off.

Sipping it from a hobby-related or vacation-related cup is a way to relax even further. It is a reminder that it’s just a work day and fun stuff will follow on my days off.

j_seph

I usually only drink coffee at work for some reason and use the same cup my step daughter gave me on Fathers Day 3 years ago. It says "DAD A dad is Strength to lean on, Wisdom to learn from, and an Example to live by His Children are blessed after him from proverbs 20:7" Just a daily reminder of blessings.

ditchdoc24

I've got a 30oz Yeti cup I use for coffee when I'm at work. Then I've got a RTIC 30oz and a SIC 30oz that I use at home. I've also got a cabinet full of regular coffee cups that get used periodically since I usually drink a pot of coffee every morning when I'm off from work. That will fill one of my 30oz cups and a regular mug too. It works out since the coffee in the regular mug cools faster so I don't have to wait as long.

Reactions: Dub

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Coffee just doesn't taste like coffee unless it's in a ceramic mug, to me. I have a couple that are the only ones I use at home. I also have a stainless steel Stanley insulated mug that I've used every day for about the last 15-20 years. The coffee doesn't taste as good out of it, but it stays hot for that hour's drive to work. I also put enough in my old green Stanley steel thermos every morning to fill the Stanley mug up for my drive home in the evening.

I absolutely cannot stand coffee out of a styrofoam or paper cup.

Daily routine: Keurig gets plugged up as soon as I get out of bed, before I do anything else (If you've ever had an electrical coffee-making contraption catch on far in your kitchen like I have, and wound up toting a flaming coffeemaker through the house and out into the yard, you don't leave them plugged in unless you're using them.) I make a ten-oz cup to drink while I'm getting ready, in which time I am also brewing a carafe that fills up my Stanleys before I leave.

Weekends, I'll drink about three 10 oz cups in the morning.

Camping, the perculator goes on the fire or Coleman stove as soon as I crawl out of the tent.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Sinclair’s addiction thread has inspired me to quit coffee before he becomes addicted. Been three days and I’m headed for cup now.
Gonna get serious about it though.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
One large yeti-full in the early am when I get up and am browsing the news and seeing what happened on here overnight.

Once I get to work, I've got a ceramic USN Supply Corp cup my bro' gave me years ago. I mean one of the heavy duty ones you can't get any more, with the gold trim around the top.

We do have a couple of fun ones in the cabinet. When my daughter graduated from UGA, she had a half dozen made with pictures from her college adventures on it, and gave them for Xmas presents. That way, she said, we can always have our coffee with her in the am.

dirtnap

Coffee just doesn't taste like coffee unless it's in a ceramic mug, to me. I have a couple that are the only ones I use at home. I also have a stainless steel Stanley insulated mug that I've used every day for about the last 15-20 years. The coffee doesn't taste as good out of it, but it stays hot for that hour's drive to work. I also put enough in my old green Stanley steel thermos every morning to fill the Stanley mug up for my drive home in the evening.

I absolutely cannot stand coffee out of a styrofoam or paper cup.

Daily routine: Keurig gets plugged up as soon as I get out of bed, before I do anything else (If you've ever had an electrical coffee-making contraption catch on far in your kitchen like I have, and wound up toting a flaming coffeemaker through the house and out into the yard, you don't leave them plugged in unless you're using them.) I make a ten-oz cup to drink while I'm getting ready, in which time I am also brewing a carafe that fills up my Stanleys before I leave.

Weekends, I'll drink about three 10 oz cups in the morning.

Camping, the perculator goes on the fire or Coleman stove as soon as I crawl out of the tent.
You an addict? Me too

Hunter922

At work I have a stainless cup with a lid.. at home it is a waffle house cup..Tastes better at home for some reason..

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
1st thing when my feet hit the floor is I make a cup of coffee. I don't even want to breathe before I've had that cup. ?
But I'm a one cup a day feller.

Down the stairs, front porch light out (this time of year), thru the den, into the kitchen. On goes the b i g coffee pot, my personal cup placed on top to warm. Always one of 2 cups now. Typically ONLY one, but the wife bought me a new one two weeks ago.

Coffee is ready in 5 mins. Add my stuff, stir, cover and into the den with the morning paper. Fetching the paper takes up 2 mins of the 5, and a trip to the can, 2 more mins....lol.

Capt Quirk

I inherited my parents cups, added on over the years... probably have close to two or three hundred cups. Mostly ceramic, just whatever catches my eye. Found a nice set of Fire King cups from maybe mid 50's at the flea market.

Who wants to hazard a guess at how many coffee pots and makers I have?

SC Hunter

I inherited my parents cups, added on over the years... probably have close to two or three hundred cups. Mostly ceramic, just whatever catches my eye. Found a nice set of Fire King cups from maybe mid 50's at the flea market.

Who wants to hazard a guess at how many coffee pots and makers I have?
You have 300 cups so I'm guessing 25 coffee makers?? I cant stand the cabinets over flowing with cups, I throw some away regularly when I'm home by myself haha

Capt Quirk

You have 300 cups so I'm guessing 25 coffee makers?? I cant stand the cabinets over flowing with cups, I throw some away regularly when I'm home by myself haha
Probably not too far off, but I honestly lost count. Got a regular drip maker, espresso machine, press, and two or three small stovetop espresso pots in the kitchen now. A few different stovetop perculators in the loft, and boxes of different pots in the storage shed. It all took up a wall, when I had room for it.

SC Hunter

We have a Keurig that fits us well since I'm the only coffee drinker. I'll make a big cup then run another small cup in the big yeti. A dash of sugar and I'm ready to go. I couldn't have a coffee pot or I'd drink 2 pots a day.