Coffee Ninja!

Capt Quirk

Sadly, my espresso machine recently crossed to the other side. Since I needed to replace that, I figured it was time to replace the tiny 3 cup coffee maker too.

Enter the Ninja Coffee Bar
IMG_20190807_082205480_HDR.jpg
It makes coffee by the 6 cup pot, half pot, cup, or travel mug. It isn't an espresso machine that forces steam through the grounds, but it turns 2 scoops of Cafe Bustello into a good cup of coffee.

Then you have the specialty stuff. It brews 4oz of condensed coffee for lattes, 8 oz condensed, and has a frothing wisk for hot or cold milk. You can set it to brew over ice, for iced coffee on hot days.

Here are the cons first-
The frothing whisk adds no steam, so it doesn't truly froth the milk, just aerates it some. Cream becomes whipped cream in about 10 seconds.

The other thing I don't like, is the small water reservoir. It holds 6 cups, just enough for a pot, nothing else. So, if you want a cup of rich brew, and not the pot of classic, you add more water.

Those are my only real gripes. As hot as it's been, being able to fix a fresh brewed mocha latte over ice in 3 minutes helps me forget about the cons.

Dub

That thing looks super !!!

Keep us updated on how it works out for you.

I’m soon going to be in the market for a new coffee machine.

Capt Quirk

I
My daughter has a French Press,,,,good coffee,,,,

Like your machine,,,,
Have a press too, here's pros and cons on that-
Pro, it makes a really good cup of coffee.
Cons, it makes one good cup. By the time you are done with that cup, anything in the pot is cold now.
It takes a while to let it brew.
It's a real mess to clean up.

Cmp1

BANNED
I

Have a press too, here's pros and cons on that-
Pro, it makes a really good cup of coffee.
Cons, it makes one good cup. By the time you are done with that cup, anything in the pot is cold now.
It takes a while to let it brew.
It's a real mess to clean up.
True,,,,

Capt Quirk

That thing looks super !!!

Keep us updated on how it works out for you.

I’m soon going to be in the market for a new coffee machine.
I'm sure this might be a con for many, but this does not use k cups.

I looked at those Kurig based systems, and I'm sure they have espresso capable machines. What I really wanted, was espresso and steam froth, and a regular coffee pot. Wally World didn't have any that day. I thought this would do. It works great for coffee and cold coffee drinks, but not espresso.

Reactions: Dub

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
We have everything from a steamer to a press around the place and the Kureig ends up on the counter top. I confess I think it’s laziness.

I will say I found Laughing Man coffee at Costco and its the beat brew I’ve had in a long time. It’s available as a cup or a grind. Lately I just have Walmart drop it at the door. Told you it was laziness.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

SC Hunter

We went from a pot to a Keurig when the coffee maker pot deal died. I use the keurig canister that is refillable and put regular ground coffee in it and I like it. My wife will drink coffee in the colder months but I drink it about 4 days a week in the morning. I like the high tech stuff posted above alot and my wife would use the cold brews during the summer.

hipster dufus

my brother has been with keurig since they started. field rep. the whole family use, 11 of us, use to get free machines and coffee. that stopped a few yrs ago. still have the machine break it out for xmas and camping trips. way too expensive to use daily when ur having 2 people drink 3 or 4 cups a day. tried the fill ur own pod. not the same and messy. so,, i have a coffe ninja now for daily use. reely love the green myn dark magic, best coffee in my opinion,

Capt Quirk

my brother has been with keurig since they started. field rep. the whole family use, 11 of us, use to get free machines and coffee. that stopped a few yrs ago. still have the machine break it out for xmas and camping trips. way too expensive to use daily when ur having 2 people drink 3 or 4 cups a day. tried the fill ur own pod. not the same and messy. so,, i have a coffe ninja now for daily use. reely love the green myn dark magic, best coffee in my opinion,
That story, for some reason, reminded me of a small town in New York. When the Yugo was first introduced, they used this small town as a test bed. Everybody got a Yugo. Somehow, I think y'all got the better deal ?