Cohutta Bear access location preference(not asking for spot specifics)

Ive done alot of reading over the past couple months as its gonna be my first season up there and I want to get the most out of the weekends Im able to hunt.. A big trend Ive noticed is the most talked about places revolve around the lake parking/camping sites and very little is mentioned about hoofing it deeper into the WMA...

Is it a simple matter of convenience since hauling out a bear can be a bear of a job, or are the numbers actually higher toward the perimeter of the WMA with less dense game populations on the interior? My current plan I hope to test out is to park at three forks and scout/hunt/backcountry camp the drainages between east cowpen trail and the conasauga river south of panther creek. probably gonna be about 1.5-2.5 miles in at any given time.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I'd plan to hunt the harder to access areas, in hopes of avoiding other hunters. If its easy to get too, I guarantee you won't be alone.

I have had bear on more than one occasion visit my campsite on a fs road. Huff at me even to let me see them.

I'd plan to hunt the harder to access areas, in hopes of avoiding other hunters. If its easy to get too, I guarantee you won't be alone.

That is the plan! Im saying I just think its strange that all the suggestions ive seen are for places closest to the roads and popular camping grounds, so I was wondering if there was anything too that other than a shorter pack-out...

ripplerider

The first animal I ever drew a bow on was a nice bear in the general area you described. Unfortunately he saw me draw as he was walking directly toward me and he whirled and was gone in a flash. Maybe that was a good thing as it would have been a very steep pack-out and I was alone, before cell-phones existed. There's plenty of bears in that area but it's really rugged.