Cohutta Help for Newbie

Long time reader, 1st time posting. Not new to hunting, but new to public land hunting. Wanting to get me and my son out more so taking the leap to our taxpayer land. Looking to do some rimfire/bow hunting for hogs in Cohutta for the upcoming small game season. Hopefully, gives us an opportunity to scout for deer/bear as well.

We're in good shape and understand that it's rough country. I have a GPS with topo maps for navigation. I'm looking for tips on a starting place to hunt hogs. Not looking for anyone's honey hole, but a good place to park and hike in for potential pork. We're open to remote places that not many hunt, but just need some direction as I'm not familiar with the roads/landmarks in the area.

Would love to join some family oriented hunters headed up in August if you're open. Would love the experience and insight.

Thanks all!

.44Slayer

Never been to Cohutta, but have thought about it many times.
Would enjoy a hunting partner some time this season, it's always great to share tactics and stories. I have been hunting WMA land for about 10 years now and know some good spots at Chattahoochee and some decent spots at Pine Log, but I'm lost on other WMA's

Never been to Cohutta, but have thought about it many times.
Would enjoy a hunting partner some time this season, it's always great to share tactics and stories. I have been hunting WMA land for about 10 years now and know some good spots at Chattahoochee and some decent spots at Pine Log, but I'm lost on other WMA's

That would be awesome. Probably not nearly as seasoned as you are, but would love to learn and make some new friends. Not sure if we can private message on here, but I'd like to swap phone info.

.44Slayer

That would be awesome. Probably not nearly as seasoned as you are, but would love to learn and make some new friends. Not sure if we can private message on here, but I'd like to swap phone info.

When I get back to my desk I’ll send you a message.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Tap his Avatar.
Then tap 'start conversation'.
?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Cohutta is an amazing place.... North Georgia scenery don’t get much better and there are monster pigs there, I’ve seen one.

You won’t disappointed and I recommend heading uphill so you can return downhill?

Latest posts