Coil spring traps?

mossyoakpro

I'm no expert by any means as I have only been trapping this year but in my limited experience I have found the MB 550 offset to be the better trap as far as damage to the foot. I have caught 4 coyotes in MB's and 2 in Bridger offsets and the Bridgers had cut the legs on both. The MB's were uncut after removing the trap and there was only an indention where the trap had been.

I'm sure as I learn more what I'm doing and figure out how to do some modifications on my equipment then the Bridgers will be just fine....but right out of the box the MB offsets seem to be top of the line.

Best of luck!!

furtaker

A wide jaw face, plenty of swivels and a shock spring will minimize foot damage. Thick laminated or cast jaws can't cut into an animal's foot.

Jake Allen

MB 500 Offset has been working for me. Even on small non target animals, very little foot damage.

jakebuddy

It's rarely the trap itself that causes damage more along the lines of the chain being too long or the chain being attached to the side like dukes are, which both can be fixed. But I use mb 550 I don't have any 450 but supposedly designed with less damage in mind. MB best out of the box ready to go trap made.

Mark K

Banned
I chose MB550 based on all the reviews I’ve read from those that trap for release animals. I trap a plantation and was worried about inadvertently catching a dog.

CritterCatcher

I use both MB 550 OS and Bridger #2 Dogless OS. I have seen damage with both, and I have seen no damage with both. Fact is, sometimes they're gonna thrash around and cut their foot.

one hogman

I too Like the MB traps, The 550 are what I use, with offset jaws, I have caught Bobcat, Coyote, and Raccoon in mine, I really like the nite latch, these traps come ready to use after boiling, waxing , coating whatever you do for trap prep, , no adjustment needed for these traps, they are good!!

Latest posts