Come shoot up to 2400yds!

cmshoot

I will be running the Spring 2012 Sniper's Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Rendezvous.

The dates will be May 5-6, 2012. The location will be in Blakely GA at the American International Marksmanship Academy. http://marksmanshipacademy.com/

We will have a range of approximately 2400 yards. We will have steel targets starting at 300 yards and going approximately every 50 yards back to the maximum distance. We will also have 100 yard cardboard targets for those that need to zero their rifles. Only the targets provided by us will be allowed.

For those of y'all that did not attend the previous Sniper’s Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Rendezvous’, this is not a competition. It is a structured "free for all" shoot, with me and other Precision Rifle/Sniper Instructors on hand to help anyone that needs/wants it, especially in the area of calling/doping wind and spotting. The atmosphere is very laid back, and a good time is always had by all. There are no big egos on the line and everyone pitches in to help folks that want/need it. If you are unsure of yourself or your skills, this is a perfect venue for you. If you are a veteran Sniper or competitor with years of experience, you'll fit right in as well. You shoot all day long, as much or as little as you want. We call the line cold every few hours, a paint crew on 4-wheelers runs down range and re-paints the steel, and we go hot again.

Cost for the rifle shoot will be $100 for one day, or $175 for both days. LE/public safety/military folks will be $75 for 1 day and $125 for 2 days on the Rifle Shoot. You are welcome to attend and shoot on both days, or just a single day of your choice.

If you pre-pay and then find out you cannot attend, I will roll your entry fee over to a future event of your choice.

I will be taking PayPal and money orders for entry fees. It is quite possible that I will be limiting attendance, so spots are held on a “first come, first paid” basis. You can send your payment via MO to:

Precision Applications, LLC
46 Scarlet Oak Way
Dallas, GA 30132

or you can PayPal (+4%) to shep@precision-applications.com. That is also my email address, if you have any questions. Along with your payment, please include a full name, email address, phone number and the days you will be attending.

A portion of the proceeds will be going to AmericanSnipers.org, a fine organization.

Schedule: Mandatory safety meeting at 0800hrs on Saturday and Sunday. We will "go hot" immediately afterwards.

Gear list (nothing is mandatory, but they can help):
Rifle with optics
Ammo
Data book
shooting mat or other ground cover
bipod, rear bag, support, etc
spotting scope
cooler with non-alcoholic beverages
EZ Up tent

AIM has accommodations available at their facility, in addition to the many hotels/motels in the immediate area.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. In addition to email , I can be reached at (678) 523-7522.

Hope to see y'all in May.

Semper Fi!

Last edited:

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'll be there. I don't have anything that I can go to 2400 with (the .300 may be capable...doubtful, but I know I'm not), but I can get to probably 1400....this will be a good opportunity to see just how far I really can get, though. If I can get to 1600 or 1800 with the .300 I'll be a happy camper. I already know I can get to 1,000 with the .308.

thompsonsz71

this sounds like a good opportunity for me to better myself and to learn alot for some people

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's a blast. I can tell you that. Lots of good people, lots of good shooters, and everybody is willing to help.

thompsonsz71

i need alot of help..... never really shot anything over 200 so this would be an adventure...

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
i need alot of help..... never really shot anything over 200 so this would be an adventure...

Tell me about your equipment....what rifle/scope combo do you intend to use? The first thing is to set reasonable expectations based on the equipment. Skills and experience is not much of a factor at this event there are plenty of people that can help with that. The important thing is going to be the capability of your weapon. Anybody out there will help you....I'll be happy to help as much as I can. I'll be bringing an EZ-up, tarps, a couple of spotting scopes, etc. and I'm not sure if my spotter is going to come or not yet. If he doesn't I'll be happy to share my EZ-up...heck, even if he does, there's still enough room for another shooter.

If you want to get anything out of it that you can use later, bring something to record EVERYTHING on...some sort of a log book where you can write down for each shot all of the details..load, velocity, temp, wind conditions, distance, elevation,relative humidity, sunny/clear skies, hit/miss/ target dimensions with a sketch of the target shape to record point of aim, actual point of impact on target or amount of windage/elevation error, etc.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten

Hammack

CMshoot, I live close to Blakely, and manage the gin a couple miles from AIM. I will definitely try to be there. I haven't been out there yet, but have been wanting to go and see what all they have going. I know they have done a lot of work out there. Sounds like you just gave me a reason to start building a new rifle...

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
CMshoot, I live close to Blakely, and manage the gin a couple miles from AIM. I will definitely try to be there. I haven't been out there yet, but have been wanting to go and see what all they have going. I know they have done a lot of work out there. Sounds like you just gave me a reason to start building a new rifle...

It will be good to see you there.

WranglerSS

I am very interested in this. I do have a few questions though.
Can you take more than one rifle? I have a .308 and a .50 BMG.
Is there somewhere onsite to park a motorhome?
How many rounds would be recommended?

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
I can't answer the question about the motorhome, but cmshoot will check in here soon, I'm sure..or you could call the Academy (the link is in the top post) and ask them.

You can bring as many rifles as you want. You have the perfect pair. As far as round count, it's not a stuctured competition, so there is no specific round count, you shoot at your own pace. I took 400 rounds last time (300 rds .308 and 100 rds .300 Win Mag) and I think I brought home maybe 80 rounds of .308 and 25 rounds of .300 Win Mag. The minimum I'd bring would be 100 rounds per day for the .308 and maybe 25 rounds or so per day for the .50 (that sucker is expensive to shoot). If you can afford more, bring it...you can always just take it back home.

RamblinWreck

Better check if its OK to hit those steel targets with a .50! Probably tears 'em all to heck. :cool:

Say hi to Stan Ellis and Lee Land and tell 'em Joe Loftus says hello.

cmshoot

Sorry for the long delay in answering, I've been overseas.

1. Bring as many rifles as you want. Not sure yet on the .50BMG. If I allow it, it will only be on targets past 600yds or so. Most of the steel targets will be mine, but I'm borrowing numerous from Marc Masoner at AIM. I will have to ask Marc about their targets.

Actually, one of the main reasons that I usually limit .50BMG and such at these shoots is that no one wants to sit within 10yds of you on either side; I know I don't. That puts a cramp on the firing line.

2. I can't really give an accurate round count, as you can just about shoot as much or as little as you want. If you're running a bolt gun, I would say that 100rds per day would be safe.

3. Don't everyone get caught up in the "2400yd" thing. The targets start at 300yds and progress from there. You can shoot as close or as far away as you like.

4. Motor home sites will be available by March, as well as on-site accommodations. There is a Day's Inn in Blakely, about 3 miles from the facility.

5. A .25-06 will be just fine, as long as it's accurate. Personally, for shoots like this I recommend a rig that will shoot around 1MOA, depending on how far away you wanna shoot.

I've successfully run a .308 with factory match ammo out to 1600yds, and a .300WM using a handload with 210grn Berger VLD's out past 2000yds.

If you've never shot anything like distance before, and want to attend this, my recommendation is to contact me and take a Precision Rifle Class prior to May. I can get you up to speed and confident in your abilities long before May.