Confused About Stamps

TAS

Bought a new license and added the Migratory Bird Stamp. They sent me one in the mail bit it expired 6/30/18. My license said it is good until 2/28/19. Will they send another one? I also purchased a Federal Duck Stamp online. I assume they will mail it to me but it has been over a week and I have not received yet. Want to be ready for Dove Season. Thanks.

Rabun

my migratory stamp is good until 2/28/19...purchased on 8/6. I would go back on line and look at your licenses and verify the dates.

TAS

My license says it is good until 2/28/19. The stamp they sent me expired. Just not sure if having it on my license is good enough or do I need an actual stamp. My Federal says electronic copy good until 9/22/18. I am assuming they are sending an actual stamp?

jakebuddy

Migratory Bird License (state) and Federal Duck Stamp (federal) are two different license required for hunting. To dove hunt the migratory bird license is required and should end in feb 28 while the federal duck stamp usually goes out in June 30. For waterfowl hunting both are required.

across the river

The state migratory bird stamp is good from March to February. You don't have to have a physical stamp, and I don't think that they even still actually print them. You don't have to have the federal stamp unless you are hunting waterfowl, so you are good there regardless to hunt dove. The last federal duck stamp expired June 30, 2018. If the one you have has three Canada geese on it flying left to right, that is a federal duck stamp, not a state. They just sent it to you as a token collectors items since it was already past season. If you printed license says good to 2/28/19 then you are fine, because the GA migratory stamp runs to Feb, so that is correct.

TAS

Thank you. I was confused as to why they sent me a stamp that expired right away. That makes sense.