Congrats and AttaBoy to D2D !!

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Congrats to D2D on the Harvest of a fine Doe Sat. evening !!!.....With a Big ATTABOY to D2D on that same hunt for proving his Ethics were not just talk !!!....He had a Brute of a trophy come up on him and inspect his dead Doe...right under his stand !!!....However it was past legal Hunting Light and although he could see it and could have easily taken it.....He let it walk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

I know lots of folks that would have taken that shot....Good job Andy !!!...Glad to have you in the club !!! :cool:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Dang give that boy a big head why dont ya???:p

Thanks for letting him walk Andy.

Jim

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
OOPS!!!!!!....I sure don't need to add to that noggin size !!!! :eek: :speechles :bounce:

C

Cward

Yep, he's a "better" man than me! I would have hammered down! :D

Mac

Congrats Andy

On the freezer meat and not taking that moon lite shot.

DEAN

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Congrats Andy :cool:

H

HT2

10-4!!!!!!!!

Cward said:
Yep, he's a "better" man than me! I would have hammered down! :D

I'm with you....

If he was visible enough to tell he was a "BRUTE"........It's still legal to shoot.....IMO....

Andy......

Now, go shoot you some more does...... :D :D :D :D

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Andy, you must have had a fever or been dilerious or something...:D

Just kidding, I think... :D

Congrats on the doe, though... :clap:

Meriwether Mike

Good job on both counts young whippersnapper! :D

What were you doing?

Looking at your watch. Just wondering how you would know exactly when legal hours were over. I have never checked to see when sunset is. But I do know when it is too late. And I feel almost possitive no warden would write a ticket if there were plenty of light.
I applaud you for sticking to your beliefs. It shows character.:)

It just wouldn't have been that big of deal if there were still plenty of light. But then again. If I had already taken the doe I would have already gotten down One time in my life I put two deer on the ground in one hunt. Too much of a hassle dealling with two dead deer. There always is another day and another hunt.

GeauxLSU

Andy,
GOOD JOB! :clap:
Amazing how much simplier life would be if we ALL simply followed the rules. The saddest thing is that this is worthy of special mention. A dedicated hunter doing the LEGAL and right thing. :confused: That type of restraint SHOULD go without saying but it doesn't and you are to RIGHTFULLY be congratulated!
All this means is that his DADDY will show up for you during legal light and you deserve it! Well done again! :clap:
Proud to hunt with you anytime, big head or peanut sized. ;)
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Man......Dude !!!!....Ethical and knows Latin !!! :cool: :bounce: :bounce:

DaddyPaul

This is precisely the reason I choose to get down when it gets dark enough that I can't make an accurate and ethical shot on an animal! If it is past legal shooting hours I head for the hills. Not knocking what you did Andy, I applaud your ethics, but I don't want to put myself in the situation if I can help it. You'll get him...............unless you shot his girlfriend the other night. ::huh:

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Easy now !!!.....She fixed me a tastey Ham and cheese Sun......I'm kinda startin to get fond of her !!!

She smiled at me and whistled at the same time !!!! ::gone: ::gone: ::gone:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Kansashunter said:
Looking at your watch. Just wondering how you would know exactly when legal hours were over.

Kansas, he knew it was past legal hours cause I was already at the truck talking to him on the radio:D

Bubba, she was laughing when she whisteled, we all know she dont whistle with just a plain ol smile :eek:

Jim

Ga-Spur

How long had it been since you shot the doe , that the big boy walked out to check?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
He shot the doe at 6PM and went out to the clearcut and dragged her out. Then climbed back up by 6:30 and hunted. Big boy showed up at dark or just a little after.

Jim

Come on Guys

DETAILS!!!:banginghe
You can't leave out info like that. Someone said there was enough light to see.:confused: Heck if he was close enough you could of seen him at 9:00pm.

But I'm with DaddyPaul I would of long been gone. I used to sit till you could not see anything else. Well that is usually when the big ones come in. Been there and seen the big ones. Then you are stuck in your stand which sometimes seems like hours. I don't need to see him until I can legally kill him. Plus we have size rules and fines attached. When you can't film anymore. It is time to leave, without spooking the big boy. I was hunting with a guy one time. Years ago. I was in a field and he was in the woods. Well about the time I got to the truck he shot.:eek: He said and I quote: "I think it was a deer". Never did I go hunting with that fool again.