Cook County: Forestry Dept Land Work

Gone Fishin

The dept of forestry did some work on our land. Not sure what it is gonna cost or how good of a job they did, but we are heading up Sat to plant & despider/wasp stands.

If anyone is interested I will let you know what kind of job they did & the cost. My dad met the guy and he seemed interested in helping hunters with their land. Their reasoning is to help keep deer off the road sides.

I am almost as excited to plant, and get ready for hunting this weekend as will be in mid Oct. The euphoria can all come to an instant halt if I find a big wasp nest Sat.

Gone Fishin

We planted this weekend. The guy from the forestry dept did a - I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH - of a job. Wish I had before/after pictures to share. The front plot hasn't been touched in 2yrs. It was full of dog fennels, and some blackberry bushes. He chopped up everything with no problem. I don't know if they just serve cook county or do other surrounding counties.

spydermon

They do great work. I know they do plots as well in telfair county and wheeler. I've been told that not all do food plots, but most do, along with fire breaks

Gone Fishin

Great rates. Well worth using them.

Gone Fishin

My dad and I sat with my son and his 270.
IMG_20141018_173958_937_zpsoheyzyjs.jpg

He shoot, he drags: Having a strapping 14yr old sure makes it easier to get them out of the woods. I helped him thru the ruts, but he did 90% of it.
IMG_20141018_181321_251_zps2mlzvsdg.jpg

If you look out on the right side of the green field you can see the young buck that he shot. It was 6pm Sat night. I had my phone in hand taking the photo backwards. Really cool to hang out together and hunt.
IMG_20141018_175119_911_zpswtpidrzy.jpg.html