Cooler

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Buying an arctic or Ozark and saying it’s a yeti is like driving a honda ridge line and calling it a truck.
You ever had one? Those four letters written on it don't mean a thing except redneck glam. I don't give a flying crap about image, I just want something that works. I can tell no functional difference. There is a major functional difference in a Honda Ridgeline and a F150. Pretty much none in an OT roto-molded cooler and a Yeti.

killerv

Buying an arctic or Ozark and saying it’s a yeti is like driving a honda ridge line and calling it a truck.

ha! I've owned a Ridgeline since '06 and its more of a truck than what I see most other hunters in. That thing has seen more mud, hauled more deer/hogs, etc, pulled more fourwheelers, bushhogs, etc than most do. But y'all keep on jacking up y'alls f250s and putting black rims, lightbars, etc and calling them trucks...keep on.

While I have an Orca...it doesn't keep ice any better than my coleman extremes.

snookdoctor

Dang, Killer. How does your wife like you getting her truck muddy all the time?:ROFLMAO:
Ozark Trail is one of the best roto mold coolers for the money. I also have a Gator Box, which is basically the same thing as all the roto mold coolers.

paulito

I have the cabelas version of the yeti that was given to me for 20 years at work. I really like it but it is REALLY heavy too. I also have a coleman extreme and can say teh cabelas one holds ice longer than the coleman but not really enough to justify the cost for me.

I just got one of the RTIC 20 soft sided ones. They were running a clearance sale and got it for less than the OT one. Have to say it is definitely better made than the OT in comparison. Can't say it woudl function any better or not but this thing does blow away all my other cheapo soft sided day coolers. well worth the money.

WayneB

I'm all in on Pelican coolers. In general I buy ice 2x a week and we are in the coolers constantly during summer.
hard to justify spending $5 in the morning, $5 more at lunch just to keep drinks cold in a cheap cooler.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I have had a yeti for a long long time.

I paid a lot for it at a time there were no rtic or Walmart roto molded coolers available.

I am happy with the buy. Yeti even sent new rubber latch set at no charge when one of mine broke after years of use.

The fact that I quit buying igloo coolers every six months saved me a lot of grief and a little $.

With the rapid trac bed cover on my truck you need a good cooler. It is 200F in the covered bed when the sun is out. I can still get 2-3 days of ice life in those conditions wit the yeti.

The igloo cooler that I had in the covered bed was full of hot water in less than a 10 hr work day.

With that said ...I'd buy the Walmart roto mold cooler if I was in the market for a new cooler.

I will admit I keep my yeti hidden to avoid the yeti haters more so than the thieves. Lol

Stevie Ray

I bought an RTIC 45 last season and am very happy with it, keep an eye on their site and you can catch them on sale and get a pretty good deal ... seems like I got mine for $139 or $149 on sale.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Roto-molded coolers are like compound bows. No one really makes a bad one nowadays. Yeti, Cabelas, Rtic, Pelican, Otter, etc all work great. Just pre-cool and enjoy but throw the stickers away. Stickers are like an inventory of what's in the truck. Put 2 2014 Silverados in a boat ramp parking lot at 2 in the mornin. Local thief makes the rounds. The one with the UGA, Yeti and Glock stickers is getting broken into first for sure.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I was just eyeballing that exact cooler for the first time last week.
It was everything I wanted in a cooler except I want the next size up if there is one. Hard to put a wall hanger in the 55 so I moved along but still interested.
Saw a 70 something qt. Lifetime yesterday at wally world..... autta be big enough to suit ya

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Saw a 70 something qt. Lifetime yesterday at wally world..... autta be big enough to suit ya

Really? I heard they were in the making.
Then I also heard they are not roto molded and actually have seams but who cares.
I’ll probably get the 77
How much?

Last edited:

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
They are "blow molded" whatever the heck that means. I think it was $135 or so

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
They are "blow molded" whatever the heck that means. I think it was $135 or so
That’ll do. Not too heavy not too cheap not too expensive. Should be a best seller. 77qt I think they nailed it. Thank you!!!

Last edited:

whchunter

I have a 20 quart yeti which someone gave me. IMO all of those type coolers are hype. If you use a cooler the way most of use one e.g. in the back.of a truck which mine has a cover on it and open it when needed I advise you to buy a cheap nice cooler and save your money for ice. I have never met anyone who says they have 50% ice after 3 days. Buy cheap and add foam to lid.

WayneB

I have a 20 quart yeti which someone gave me. IMO all of those type coolers are hype. If you use a cooler the way most of use one e.g. in the back.of a truck which mine has a cover on it and open it when needed I advise you to buy a cheap nice cooler and save your money for ice. I have never met anyone who says they have 50% ice after 3 days. Buy cheap and add foam to lid.
My Pelican coolers do. I have a white 65 qt in my truck, and a tan 35 qt in the wife's. Both get loaded with ice on fridays, hit the market at home and haul to the camp/work on mondays. Still have ice in both on Friday.. Full sun.
I got tired of buying ice twice a day, dropped the cash and now buy ice once a week. Depending on how much the wife uses in drinks, we occasionally add 10# on Wednesday, just to fill drink glasses.

whchunter

My Pelican coolers do. I have a white 65 qt in my truck, and a tan 35 qt in the wife's. Both get loaded with ice on fridays, hit the market at home and haul to the camp/work on mondays. Still have ice in both on Friday.. Full sun.
I got tired of buying ice twice a day, dropped the cash and now buy ice once a week. Depending on how much the wife uses in drinks, we occasionally add 10# on Wednesday, just to fill drink glasses.
Where do you live Canada or Alaska