coon pup help?

buckshot1

i got a new 3 month old pup and he is into the coon skin and chases it and everything but sometimes looses intrest i was wondering if i sould put some coon urine on it but any suggestions?

Jubal

three months is early. If he has an attention span beyond 30 seconds you're lucky. No problem messing with him some but don't expect a ton at that age.

As far as hides or kills go, the fresher the better.

savage_15

yea get a fresher one man will probably work better but as jubal said 3 months is early

COUNTRY MIKE

three months is early. If he has an attention span beyond 30 seconds you're lucky. No problem messing with him some but don't expect a ton at that age.

As far as hides or kills go, the fresher the better.

ttt

thomas gose

Buddy 3 months is way to early to expect anything but ADHD give that pup about 6 more months and then start workin it!

thomas gose

thomas gose thats not true he just turned 4 months and he will find a coon skin in the tree

I didnt say your pup wouldnt track all i meant was not to get too pushy with a pup for loosing interest, puppys dont usually have an attention span.

hawgrider1200

yeah, do not get discouraged at all pups have very short attention spans. It couldn't hurt to find a fresher hide though. I used roadkills when season was out for killing coon.