Coosa river striper advice

roboman1314

Hello all!

I’m going to be fishing the coosa river tomorrow morning and was wondering about what my best bet would be for catching a striper or two. I’ll be fishing out of a boat with a bait tank for shad. Planned on bringing some smaller gizzards (4-6”) and a couple bigger baits (6-8”). Now last time I was on the river we didn’t do to great but we didn’t get skunked. Ended up with 3 decent spotted bass and a decent sized striped bass but I’d like to improve on that. I’ll be putting in at the lock and dam and targeting any break in current I can find and see if I can’t catch a few taking a break from fighting the current.

Any other strategies that work well this time of year? Would I be better off pulling planner board next to the bank? Or fishing off the bottom?

Any advice is appreciated.

snapdog

You need to be about ten miles north

Msteele

Hello all!

I’m going to be fishing the coosa river tomorrow morning and was wondering about what my best bet would be for catching a striper or two. I’ll be fishing out of a boat with a bait tank for shad. Planned on bringing some smaller gizzards (4-6”) and a couple bigger baits (6-8”). Now last time I was on the river we didn’t do to great but we didn’t get skunked. Ended up with 3 decent spotted bass and a decent sized striped bass but I’d like to improve on that. I’ll be putting in at the lock and dam and targeting any break in current I can find and see if I can’t catch a few taking a break from fighting the current.

Any other strategies that work well this time of year? Would I be better off pulling planner board next to the bank? Or fishing off the bottom?

Any advice is appreciated.

You need to find water in the lower 70’s.

Latest posts