Core lokts.....do you like em?

lonewolf247

By design, the Remington Core Lokt, is a legendary bullet! It just flat out works well on deer, in most calibers between .27-.30 caliber at least. However, as others mentioned, the quality control has gone to out the window with big green! They have lost their credibility with many sportsman, including myself.

The Hornady Interlock, is a similar bullet by design, and works well in many rifles. Other affordable ammo like, power points, federal, etc make good alternatives.

Baroque Brass

A friend commented that he no longer buys Remington ammo because of accuracy problems. I’ve always liked Remington and bought a box of Core Lokts for my Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor. The accuracy is acceptable, but it isn’t as good as other brands of ammo.

furtaker

I had a misfire the other day with a Hornady American Whitetail in my dad's rifle. I noticed how deep the primers were seated in the cartridges when I was loading the magazine.

I promise that Remington is not the only company with quality control issues. So far I have never had a failure with a Remington round.

furtaker

It should be below the surface of the case... .002-.004 I think
Yeah, flush or slightly below is correct but these were way deep and I wondered if they would go bang when I pulled the trigger. I've heard people complain of deep primer pockets on Hornady brass before.

rosewood

Yeah, flush or slightly below is correct but these were way deep and I wondered if they would go bang when I pulled the trigger. I've heard people complain of deep primer pockets on Hornady brass before.
You might want to call Hornady and complain. They might just send you a replacement box. Worth the call anyway.

Reactions: Dub

Bob Wallace

I have had 3 30-06 core lokts that had bad primers in three different boxes. All three bucks ran away quickly hearing the firing pin "click".
I've sworn them off completely. Garbage