Corning up deer -- too late?

JackSprat

I have always enjoyed hunting deer, getting ready to hunt deer, talking about hunting deer.

This year, due to job obligations, health issues, just too darn hot, I have't been able to get in the woods and do any serious scouting.

I hunt in the northern zone (or what use to be the northern zone), so I don't have any experience sitting over a pile of "supplemental feed" and just shooting a deer.

I will head to the woods Friday, and I can take a whole truckload of yellow acorns.

Being as the goal is to just shoot a deer, do you think that will be too late to corn me up some deers?

Can any one suggest some special techniques for corning them up so I don't have to put too much effort into shooting a deer?

Really just want to show up, shoot a deer and go. Like to be out by 9:30 at the latest.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
just drop the tail gate on the lease roads and as u drive in let the yellow acorns fall out.
When al out stop ? turn truck around. Wait 30ty minutes. Drive back out and shoot the one u want. Load up. Drive out gate.
Head home.
Do u want me to tell you how to skin it also.
Good luck.
Happy shooting.

crasm1

Make sure you pour it out in a line, so you may even shoot more than one with one bullet.. I buy S and J too to pour over it and I pour deer cane powder all around it. They basically eat right out of the bag as I pour it on the ground.

Blackston

Just line up at the processer and pay for one of the ones that gets left Much easier

baddave

i always just load my drop spreader w/ yellow acorns, strap my rifle , put on back pack and go to stand .. from there just do the wagon wheel pattern . climb up in "box blind" and get ready .. eezy peezy..:cheers:

FOLES55

:pop:

Worley

Heck I usually just bust open a bag, and sit behind it a few feet, that come’Er deer stuff is a magnet ...if u don’t see a doe u might spot a troll or sumn, never can tell.

jonhayes

I like the apple flavored corn, mixed with the power that gives it a sugar beat taste then you pour that liquid over it that makes it taste like acorns. They can’t get enough and only $45 a bag!!!