coroplast panels

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Thanks for that info. Did some tripods for a guy with that stuff. Few pieces of pvc, some clamps, and fittings. He had enclosed blinds that lasted a pretty good while.

TJay

Good to know. I may try it in my basement. I have several areas of exterior wall where the insulation is exposed inside the basement. Just looking for something cheap and easy to work with that will look decent and keep cobwebs and dirt off the insulation.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I wonder if it will last in sunlight? Those signs break down and break apart pretty quickly.

White lasts several years. I'd guess dark colors don't last as long unless the dark color is a coating.
That is in an application that has no wind flex and gets sunlight only part of the day.
We use it on building permit boxes to write down specific information such as permit#, address, ect.

gadeerwoman

A good coat of paint on the outside and they will last 5 years or better. Constant sunlight is the destroyer. A wooden bar over the edges (or even duct tape) where water won't get inside, some paint (those that adhere to plastics work well) and it's a fairly cheap and lightweight solution. With shipping to your local store 10 panels will probably cost about $210. Not much difference in lumber and coroplast costs in the long run but you'll definitely be much lighter in weight, especially when boxing in a welded ladder type stand.
Great for light weigh ground blinds that you can move easily. They used to carry only the white panels. Now they have different colors.
Tjay, in the basement try 4x8 sheets of white tub and shower liner panels. Think they run about $19 a sheet at Home Depot. Looks like a thin plastic type panel. We've used those before for box blinds also but they sometimes want to bend a little too much.

Last edited:

joejoe47

I usually pick up a few of these every election cycle. They get placed on our property, usually without permission, and are usually abandoned after Election Day. I once used one for a roof on a tower stand. It got real brittle but lasted about 5 years. A pine limb finally fell on it and that was that. They also make excellent targets for the rifle range. The smaller ones with the metal stands are perfect.

transfixer

My ex wife had a sign business for a few years, I can't remember the names of the companies she bought from, but you can buy those sheets quite cheaply from the wholesale distributors, there is one in Rome,Ga but I don't remember the name, also a couple of others scattered across town, I know GE polymers or something like that will sell in quantities, they do have a lifespan of about 4 or 5 years though, depending on how much sunlight they get exposed to.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

transfixer

That's Crazy ! there are different thicknesses offered 4mil, 6mil, 8mil , and I think 10mil, but if I remember right the 4mil sheets weren't but $10-$12 a piece,
Grimco is one company you can buy from, used to be called Aluma-panel, they sell wholesale to the sign supply shops, but anyone can say they're doing a sign business on the side and buy from them. They are up in the Cumming area. You could probably contact a sign shop and see what they would order you a few sheets for I suppose also.

lonewolf247

I’ve used these type panels on the earliest box stands we’ve done back years ago. It was from election signs, and they were free so we gave them a try. They honestly work pretty good for several years. If you take your time and fit them neat they look good as well. We painted ours camo since they were white election signs.

The only drawbacks I’ll say is, they are not a lifetime panel, but they will last several years. The only other caution I’d say if your hunting with a youth hunter in the stand, caution them not to lean against them, because they are just for coverage, and don’t offer any level of safety from falls like plywood.