COVID Kitchen: The Greece-y Spoon International Diner

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Had a hankering for some Greek flavors last night. Some of my favorite non-American food for sure.

Cucumbers grated, and Tzatziki sauce brewed up:

greek1.jpg

Chicken, red peppers and onions, seasoned with garlic, black pepper, lots of Greek oregano, lemon juice, white wine, and such. Red peppers and onions. Smelling great.

greek2.jpg

Put some of that in a warmed-up pita with the tzatziki, maters, and feta cheese, and, man alive, this was so good!

greek3.jpg

YHFP likes hers in cute little pita pockets, bless her heart. :bounce:

greek4.jpg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Had a hankering for some Greek flavors last night. Some of my favorite non-American food for sure.

Cucumbers grated, and Tzatziki sauce brewed up:

View attachment 1009722

Chicken, red peppers and onions, seasoned with garlic, black pepper, lots of Greek oregano, lemon juice, white wine, and such. Red peppers and onions. Smelling great.

View attachment 1009723

Put some of that in a warmed-up pita with the tzatziki, maters, and feta cheese, and, man alive, this was so good!

View attachment 1009724

YHFP likes hers in cute little pita pockets, bless her heart. :bounce:

View attachment 1009725

Awesomeness right there!!!!

Geffellz18

Man, yet another craving flung! Was just mentioning to the wifey yesterday that I was wanting some chicken gyros! Bought some cucumber hidden valley dressing-hoping it’s good enough to sub for Tzatziki sauce.
Will hopefully be on the menu this week, but will definitely pale in comparison to these high profile cuisine!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
And btw, deer meat makes awesome gyros. Very similar to the traditional lamb, but even better. It works well either thin-sliced or ground deer made into the meatloaf-style gyro meat and sliced.