Coyote competitor

tvbrewster

I would speak with the local CO and see what they think should happen.

Don't do nothing has it is not going to stop.

bonecollector123

I have 4-5 dogs on my place I get them on camera all the time. I never thought about them killing the fawns. The guy who hunts behind me talked to the owner who has about 10 dogs and he said it don't seem right to not just let them run loose.

bullgator

My guess is the dog found a coyote kill.

meatseeker

I can tell you first hand my husky used to kill fawns and bring them to the house and finish eating them. He’s 13 now so he ain’t a threat anymore. But I would try to keep him up during the fawning season as much as I could. But yes dogs do kill fawns, maybe more than we think.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
If you’ve never trapped try to find someone to give u a few pointers or luckily go with you , and make sure u have a catch pole because dogs are easily caught, plenty of options on bait , old man who I learned from used beaver meat, but plenty of options online , look up southern snares it’s a trapping site that sales almost anything and is in your area I think

Davexx1

Free ranging yard dogs are some of the worst predators in the woods. Hunting/killing seems to be a game to them. Many owners have no idea what their dog(s) is doing. A very unfortunate situation for all involved.

95g atl

Yikes....!!!
Our club doesn't have any houses nearby so we don't see loose dogs.
Not sure what you do when you catch one in a trap, maybe turn it over to animal control...? If it has a collar on it, turning the dog over to the owner may get a confrontation.

Jim Boyd

A dog will kill a fawn in a skinny minute.

Two dogs killed one not 50 yards from our barn a few years back.

Good luck.

Latest posts