coyote hunt thread 2018

drawedback

8/24/18
2 hunters
FoxPro howls and pup distress
AR/ thermal
Upper 70s humid cloudy
Elbert Co field fresh mowed
Saw one coming in, set up and hit a howl, one howled 3 yds away, I turned and shot it as it was running off. Switched to pup distress and called in another one, it ended up being a pup.

Attachments

• 0908180322-3120x1755.jpg
    0908180322-3120x1755.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 3

drawedback

9/7/18
3 hunters
FoxPro howls vocals and pup distress
AR/ thermal
Mid 70s humid
Elbert Co hay fields
Called in a double on pup distress, partner dropped the first one and we thought we rolled the runner but couldn't find it in the tall grass. Saw 4 that night, killed 1

Attachments

• 0913180103-1755x3120-600x1067.jpg
    0913180103-1755x3120-600x1067.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 0

drawedback

9/12/18
3 hunters
FoxPro howls and distress
AR/ thermal
Upper 70s, light wind
Hart co hay fields
Really didn't get any response from calling, was setting up on our final set right behind some chicken houses and a pair came walking across the field. Dropped the first, a big male. Got blood on the runner but it made the woods.

Attachments

• 1300-432x768.png
    1300-432x768.png
    506.8 KB · Views: 5

drawedback

We also killed a few more in July and August, but I didn't get pics of all of them. I will try to remember to post any more hunts in the future.

drawedback

9/14/18
3 hunters
FoxPro howls and pup distress
AR/ thermal
Upper 70s cloudy humid windy
Elbert Co hay fields
Started setting up and my partner fired a shot that scared me half to death. As soon as he turned his thermal on there was a yote standing there looking at us. Howled and got a response from another one so switched to pup distress. The second one came running up the edge. Not sure if it got our wind or what, but it disappeared without offering a shot.
Saw 2 killed 1

Attachments

• 0915180200-600x1067.jpg
    0915180200-600x1067.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 6
Shot this Chupracobra Sept 1, 2018
1537456623718.png

I trapped a week later, then shot it in the head.IMG_0649.JPG

Last edited:

Yotedawg

09/17/18 night
2 hunters
6mm creedmoor w/thermal 6mm creedmoor w/nv
Fox pro howls,Boss pup distress
Temp 82, very humid
Deer shooting lane in Grady county woods
None heard
0 coyotes called in
0 killed
1 fox called in

Yotedawg

09/19/18
2 hunters 6mm creedmoor w/thermal 6mm creedmoor w/nv
Fox pro howls, yips and Boss pup panic
Plowed field in northern Grady county
None heard
2 coyotes called in
1 coyote killed
Very quiet night. Could not get a dog to answer anywhere. Got aggressive on howls and yips and brought in a pair silently. The female hung up so I switched to Boss Pup Panic to coax her in. The male had flanked us and the pup distress triggered him and brought him in on a string. We had to bark at him to bring him to a stop and we tagteamed him with the creedmoors. Big male.

Attachments

• IMG_3027.JPEG
    IMG_3027.JPEG
    51 KB · Views: 7

drawedback

9/21/18
3 hunters
AR/ thermal
Mid to low 70s, light humidity, clear skies
Hart Co pastures and hay fields
Started kinda slow the first few sets, finally set up in a pasture where we haven't been in a while. Started with baybee cottontail, 10 seconds in had a double come running in. Dumped the first one, and hit the runner. Tracked blood for a long way but never found the second one. Very next set started with snowshoe hare and had one come in at the 2 minute mark. Partner pulled his shot and shot right over the top of it.
Saw 3 killed 1 wounded 1

Attachments

• 0922180001a-600x1067.jpg
    0922180001a-600x1067.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 7

chase870

Possum Sox
20Sept18
2 hunters
fox pro lone female howls pup in distress
AR's with thermal
3/4 moon light wind
Morgan county pastures with cows
heard 3 differentgroups
0 called in
0 killed

Yotedawg

09/24/18
2 hunters 6mm creedmoor w/thermal 6mm creedmoor w/nv
Fox pro howls, yips and Boss pup panic, fox pro pup screams
Plowed field in northern Grady county
2 heard
1 coyote called in
0 coyotes killed
Hunting in freshly picked peanut field. Bright moon had us snuggled up against a grownup fencerow overlooking field. The field on other side of fencerow is forbidden fruit. We hear dogs over there all the time but don't get to hunt it. Saw dog in field as we set up but he made us and excused himself. Started with some pup distress and later a howl. Had one light up right behind us on other side of fencerow. We moved away from call and hit pup distress again. The fencerow exploded beside us and the coyote came through under our feet, we tracked him across the field as he hit a gear that took him near NHRA top fuel speeds but we could not make him stop.

buttplate

buttplate

What kind of set were you using? I see a drain pipe as well as a tire in the picture. Good job, keep posting pictures.

Actually there are two. I shot the first one and trapped the second one a week later.

It seems that they were holed up under a storage building. The pipe is just some building materials. The tire was used to secure the traps.

I hung a dead pigeon from a limb and place 4 traps under it. Three traps had her. One front foot and two on both back feet.

buttplate

Actually there are two. I shot the first one and trapped the second one a week later.

It seems that they were holed up under a storage building. The pipe is just some building materials. The tire was used to secure the traps.

I hung a dead pigeon from a limb and place 4 traps under it. Three traps had her. One front foot and two on both back feet.
Nice, thanks

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That is one nasty chupacabra. Did you touch it?

drawedback

9/28/18
3 hunters
AR/ thermal
Low 70s cloudy, humid. Light wind
Wilkes Co pastures
Blanked on the first set, second set saw one out with the cows as we were setting up. Pup distress brought him charging in, that was his final mistake. Big male
3rd set called another in with pup distress again, I tried a long shot and put him in a spun but then he took off and we couldn't find him.
Next set we heard a bunch but they wouldn't come in to play.
Next set we called one in to about 60 yds, and he sat down and stayed a while, but there was a house directly behind him the whole time and we couldn't shoot.
They kinda turned off after that, we blanked on a few more sets and called it a night. Pretty goid night, saw 3, killed 1

Attachments

• 0928182244-600x1067.jpg
    0928182244-600x1067.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 3
That is one nasty chupacabra. Did you touch it?

No. I don't ever touch Yotes, mangy or not, they are all nasty to me.
I took the string that I had the pigeon tied with, slipped it around her foot, and drug her out in the woods where her sister was decaying.