coyote hunt thread 2018

8/24/18
2 hunters
FoxPro howls and pup distress
AR/ thermal
Upper 70s humid cloudy
Elbert Co field fresh mowed
Saw one coming in, set up and hit a howl, one howled 3 yds away, I turned and shot it as it was running off. Switched to pup distress and called in another one, it ended up being a pup.

Attachments

9/12/18
3 hunters
FoxPro howls and distress
AR/ thermal
Upper 70s, light wind
Hart co hay fields
Really didn't get any response from calling, was setting up on our final set right behind some chicken houses and a pair came walking across the field. Dropped the first, a big male. Got blood on the runner but it made the woods.

Attachments

9/14/18
3 hunters
FoxPro howls and pup distress
AR/ thermal
Upper 70s cloudy humid windy
Elbert Co hay fields
Started setting up and my partner fired a shot that scared me half to death. As soon as he turned his thermal on there was a yote standing there looking at us. Howled and got a response from another one so switched to pup distress. The second one came running up the edge. Not sure if it got our wind or what, but it disappeared without offering a shot.
Saw 2 killed 1

Attachments

09/17/18 night
2 hunters
6mm creedmoor w/thermal 6mm creedmoor w/nv
Fox pro howls,Boss pup distress
Temp 82, very humid
Deer shooting lane in Grady county woods
None heard
0 coyotes called in
0 killed
1 fox called in

09/19/18
2 hunters 6mm creedmoor w/thermal 6mm creedmoor w/nv
Fox pro howls, yips and Boss pup panic
Plowed field in northern Grady county
None heard
2 coyotes called in
1 coyote killed
Very quiet night. Could not get a dog to answer anywhere. Got aggressive on howls and yips and brought in a pair silently. The female hung up so I switched to Boss Pup Panic to coax her in. The male had flanked us and the pup distress triggered him and brought him in on a string. We had to bark at him to bring him to a stop and we tagteamed him with the creedmoors. Big male.

Attachments