Coyote Hunt Thread 2019

4/13/13
3 hunters
ARs/ thermals
MFK diaphragm, and FoxPro
Mid to upper 60s, cloudy, humid and variable winds
Elbert Co pastures and hay fields
Saw 3, killed 1
Night started slow, it was hot and extremely humid early. Finally on the 3rd set of the night the wind had kicked up to around 10-12 mph, and was feeling pretty good. Started that set with a few howls and got a quick response from 2 different pairs. Gave it about 2 minutes and hit another howl. Saw 2 coming up the valley but they went behind a hill. After that we unloaded our bag of tricks, but never saw them again. The next set we were in a hay field, the wind had died down a little and was just a nice breeze. Set up and started off with adult cottontail on the shockwave. Literally within 5 seconds we saw a coyote walk out of the woods and start slowly making his way to us. It went down in a dip and when it reappeared he was about 120 yds out. Frank dropped him in his tracks.

Attachments

Thread starter #62
12 April 2019
Morgan County hay barn pastures and food plots
2 hunters
AR's with thermal
FoxPro kitten in distress cottontail/ Primos howls and cottontail
clear sky breezy upper 60's 70's3
7 plus heard
3 seen
1 killed,
1 shot and knocked down never found
First set we parked next door to the hay barn we usually park at, been seeing a number of yote tracks in and around the barn figure they been looking for the cat that lives there. Set up and played kitten in distress. Had one easy up in the back of the barn. he winded us but and was walking off when I saw him shot him walking knocked him down and never found him. Had that on video. Next set was on a field road between a pea field and a pasture. No sooner than the call cut on with cotton tail distress a female ran out in the road in front of my buddy. he shoots her she gets up and makes it through the fence row to my side and starts to walk off. We gave this farm a rest on hunting yotes and its paid off

Attachments

4/11/19
3 Hunters
6mm Creedmoors with thermal and NV
Temp 60's
Grady county field
Foxpro eastern cottontail Tony Tebbe den raid
1 seen
0 killed

Predator Outlaws took a landowner with us. Called in one in a grown up field to den raid. It came in hot. Unfortunately we missed the shot.

4/15/19
2 Hunters
6mm Creedmoors with nv and thermal
Temp in 60's
Grady county fields
Foxpro eastern cottontail, mfk distress, tony tebbe den raid
0 seen
0 killed

The Predator Outlaws struck out this night with the coyotes. Did have a pair talk to us but shot us a warning bark like we had been made. While in that field we spotted a sounder of hogs about 500 yards off so we did a stalk on them since the landowner wants us to shoot them if we see them. We got about 200 yards from them and dropped the big sow which was very piggy. I guess a week or so from dropping another litter. Anyway, the shoats didn't know what to do so we just kept sniping them until they finally ran off.

Attachments

4/17/19
2 Hunters
6mm Creedmoors with thermal and nv
Temp 70
Grady county fields
Foxpro eastern cottontail and lucky bird
1 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws set up on some new ground this night. Played a little eastern cottontail with no response. As good as this sound has been, it has really faded. Played some lucky bird loud and proud and in less than two minutes had this 38 pound male come barreling out of the woods about 30 yards from us. He made us in the bright moonlight and took off. I was able to take him on the run with the thor.

Attachments

4/18/18
2 hunters
ARs/ thermal
MFK diaphragm, FoxPro
Elbert Co hay fields
Low 60s, cloudy
Saw 3 killed 2
Night started of slow and stayed that way most of the night but we just kept grinding. After many dry sets, getting ready to call it a night we decided to make one more set behind my house. As I was putting the gun on the tripod one howled in the woods about 200 yds away, then a pair lit up on the opposite side of the field. Turned on the FoxPro and played some vole squeaks with no response. Switched up to low volume pup distress and saw one skirting around to the left, she stopped in a low spot where I could only see her head at about 150, so I sent it and the 6.8 found its mark. About that time Evan saw another one bust up out of the bottom headed out and missed it. With renewed energy we decided to make another set so we went to another hay field on the back side of the farm. Started with a howl with no response, switched up to ranting red bird and had one coming in hot in a few seconds. He checked up about 75 yds, and Evan dropped him. The first one was a dry female, the second was a big male.

Attachments

4/20/19
3 hunters
ARs/ thermals
MFK diaphrams and FoxPro
Elbert and Hart Co pastures
Cooler, mid 40s, clear and light breeze. Bright moon
Saw 1, killed 0
Another slow night, coyotes didn't want to play much. Around the third set of the night we started with some diaphragm howls, had 1 come running out in the top corner of the pasture, turned the FoxPro on to k9 puppies, he started heading our way then slammed on the brakes. Pretty sure he saw us because the moon was so bright

4/22/19
3 Hunters
63 degrees, clear and dry
North Grady county fields
Foxpro, Lucky Duck, Tony Tebbe distress and vocals
4 seen
1 called in
1 killed

After a dead first set, the Predator Outlaws moved about 400 yards and set up again on the same set of property. After some shelterbelt distress we saw three way off in the distance. They didn't appear to be coming to us though. After some den raid and pup panic, they actually turned and left. I followed that with some Mr. T lone howls. That brought another dawg from our right from 500 yards out. At 200 yards, this 22 pound female stopped and turned broadside and I took the shot with my thor.

Attachments

4/23/19
3 Hunters
North Grady county fields
Foxpro....all 798 sounds
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed

The Predator Outlaws struck completely out. Two of our three sets were so grown up it was about unhuntable. In fact, one of them we didn't even try. The two we did hunt we threw a wide variety of sounds out there and came up empty. Very dead night for us.