2 Hunters
AR's with Thermal
Morgan County cut cotton fields
FoxPro howls and Grey Fox in distress
Cold very light wind and bright full moon
1 group heard
1 seen
0 killed
First track of land 3 sets one group heard call died on last set. We decided to go to another track and shoot pigs eased out on a food plot and saw no pigs. I decided to use a manual call "baby cottontail" and had one pop out on the edge of the food plot couldn't get a shot

chase870

Possum Sox
1/6/19
2 hunters 1 P.M.
12Ga. 3 1/2 inch #4 buck 54 pellets
Islands off inner coastal waterway south Texas 15 miles from Mexico
High 50's low 60's with strong wind
FoxPro nutty nut hatch call
1 called in
1 killed

I've duck hunted in this area for several years with some friends of mine. It's always been a good trip and plenty of birds to kill. The amount of birds on these islands is pretty cool Pink Flamingo's Pelicans and almost every shore bird known to man. The sheer number of yote tracks has always had us considering hunting them. This year one of the guys brought a call, and I picked up a box of #4 Buck. While our buddies were cooking lunch, we walked around the island a ways and set up on bluff overlooking a mud flat . I'd say we were about 12 feet or so above the flat. No more than 15 min into the calling she ran right down the flat to the call. She almost got by me and I hit her in the back end before I could shoot her again my Lab Birdie was on her. Luck was on my side and I was able to call my dog off her far enough to let my buddy shoot her again. It's always a rush to call one in but this took the cake, broad daylight, unfamiliar area, my dog attacking a crippled yote., and it all working out just right

Attachments

Yotedawg

1/21/19
2 Hunters
6mm Creedmoors with NV and Thermal
40* wind out of north
Grady county pastures
Foxpro Eastern Cottontail, Foxpro, MFK vocals
2 seen
0 killed
Hunted a cattle company property that has lost some calves and calving cows to coyotes. At second set we set up in a pasture with cows laying down. I put the caller out and all the cows stood up. Walked back to our tripod setups and started calling with some eastern cottontail. Immediately down on the woods line a coyote breaks cover. At the same time the whole heard of cows comes over to check out my CS24C Foxpro caller. They actually get between my caller and the coyote. As I watched with my thermal they got danger close to my caller and I had to run retrieve it before it got trampled. The cows ran off and so did the coyote. Second set we put our backs to a lot yard and called across another pasture. Dadgum if a dawg did not come up through the barns in the lot yard and backdoor us. We have had the worse luck. Out of 7 dawgs called up since January 2nd, we have only killed 2.

Yotedawg

1/24/19
2 Hunters
6mm Creedmoors with thermal and NV
East Grady County fields
42* Calm
FoxPro and mfk vocals, rabbit distress
2 called in
2 killed

After a dead first set we went across the road to another field. Upon entering we scanned the field and a coyote was already in the field. He made us and eased over to the woods and disappeared. We continued through that field to another field and walked about 400 yards down a fencerow and set up. FoxPro Eastern Cottontail had a female charging hard after 15 seconds. She came in to around 30 yards and I took her with my thermal and 6mm creedmoor. We trekked back the 400 yards and scanned the first field and that coyote or another had come back out into the field. Eastern cottontail was played again and brought the male to about 100 yards and Mark killed him with his 4k and 6mm creedmoor.

Attachments

• IMG_3771.JPEG
    IMG_3771.JPEG
    113.5 KB · Views: 47

1982ace

1/25/19
2 hunters
One shooting and one scanning
Ar with thermal
Cook and brooks county fields
Killed 2 yotes on 3 sets
First set for about 45 minutes with no action. Over to next spot just down the road and howled and young male snuck in at 50 yds. Final set a group of yotes were sounding off to squeaking from the truck. Went down and turned around and parked. Set up on bottom of field and scared that group off. Few minutes later heard some more and one male broke off from pack answering female howl. 86A00F16-5196-406D-A3B4-01C0F9C56071.jpeg30AF9B05-7A70-4157-ACB6-C247247B6099.jpeg1D1851C1-12F7-4098-96C5-2C304E104EF5.jpeg

chase870

Possum Sox
1/28/2019
2 Hunters AR's with thermal
Barrow county pastures with cows and without
light wind 50's
Primos Alpha Dog call howl's and vole squeaks
zero heard
2 seen
0 killed
had 2 come in on the second set partner missed I never saw them the last 2 sets were uneventfull with the exception that a skunk ran over my hunting partner. He is now called "Skunk Face"

Yotedawg

1/28/19
2 Hunters
6mm Creedmoors with thermal and night and NV
Thomas county food plot
Mfk howls, Tony Tebbe border wars
1 seen
0 killed

Trying to help a guy with coyotes on his game camera. We set up on his food plot and opened with some howls. Got an immediate response. Switched to Tony Tebbe border wars and after a minute or two we had a coyote show up at the edge of the food plot. It would not come into the plot but instead went back into woods and circled us. It never would stop for a shot.

Yotedawg

1/29/19
2 Hunters
FoxPro Eastern Cottontail
East Grady county fields
45 degrees
1 seen
1 killed

Hunting a property that has produced 7 dawgs since September. Played a little light eastern cottontail and had this female circling around to us. Mark got a bead on her and shot her with his 6mm creedmoor topped with his 4k. The dawg ran off and made it to the woods. We continued calling for a bit and then went to look for her. Finally found one drop of blood and kept tracking till we found some more. Finally tracked her down and recovered her.

Attachments

• IMG_3810.JPEG
    IMG_3810.JPEG
    81 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4487.jpg
    IMG_4487.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

drawedback

1/18/19
2 hunters
6.5 creed/ thermal
FoxPro howls and vocals
Low 40s cloudy
Wilkes Co at fields
Saw 2 killed 2
Called in 2 big males with breeding sounds on separate sets

Attachments

• 1020182246-936x1664.jpg
    1020182246-936x1664.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 0118192257a-936x1664.jpg
    0118192257a-936x1664.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 21

drawedback

1/21/19
2 hunters
6.5 thermal, 25-06/ thermal
FoxPro howls, rabbit distress
Mid 30s cold and windy
Wilkes Co cow pasture
Saw 1, killed 0
Went for a morning set just at day break. Started with a few female howls, then switched up to some rabbit distress. Had 1 come out on the edge, but he saw something he didn't like and never would close the distance.

drawedback

1/25/19
3 hunters
2 thermals, one night vision, all bolt guns
foxpro howls and distress
low 40s, clear, light wind
Elbert Co pastures and hay fields
Saw 0, heard 0
Really quiet night, hunted some spots we haven't hit in a few months, but it was just dead. Did call in a red fox on one set and a gray on another but the yotes just didn't want to play

Yotedawg

Do you hunt them at night only to be successful. Is there any bait used for sent.
Coyotes and other predators are largely nocturnal and more active at night. We do not use baits or scents. We use electronic callers using coyote vocals and prey distress sounds to call them in.

chase870

Possum Sox
Do you hunt them at night only to be successful. Is there any bait used for sent.
We hunt the Hunters. Once we start calling we become the Hunted and have to beat a Yote at his own game. They are killable 24 hours a day. I have the ability to night hunt so I hunt more then because it doesn't interfere with work

drawedback

I hunt mostly at night because Coyotes are more likely to come out in the open at night. They will come to a call during the day, but you have to get in the thickets where they feel safe to have much success.

chase870

Possum Sox
1/31/2019
2 hunters
AR with thermal
cold and little to no wind
fields and wood lines Morgan county
Primos Alpha Dog call Howls and pup distress
4 sets heard 2 groups on the 3rd set
Saw 0 killed 0

chase870

Possum Sox
1/31/2019
1 hunter
AR with thermal
cold with little to no wind
Barrow County pasture and woods
Fox Pro male and female howls kitten in distress and rodent distress
Saw 1 heard 1
killed 0
I'll stop and hunt on the way home after hunting with my buddie on occasion. Hunted a track near the house that is in a populated area, it usually always has a yote or 2 on it. Called one in but didn't shoot it couldn't be positive it was a yote when it was in range. Never want to shoot someones dog by mistake

drawedback

2/1/19
2 hunters
6.5 creed/ thermal
Foxpro howls and prey distress
Hi 30s light wind
Elbert Co pastures and hay fields
saw 2 killed 0
Started off with a few blank sets, on the 3rd set of the night started off with a few female howls. Had a pack in the distance respond, played TT's showdown for about 4 minutes, right after muting had a black yote pop out about 250yds. Switched up to pup distress and he skirted around us about 175 yds, he was down in a hole and I tried a long head shot but missed. Very next set started withe a female howl again and the woods lit up all around. Went into Eastren cottontail and had one come up the edge and skirt around us in the woods. Never offered a shot

Yotedawg

2/04/19
2 Hunters
Grady county fields
Mid 50's and humid
Fox pro cottontail Lucky Duck OK Corral
4 seen
3 killed

Walking to first set we had a pair come out of a drainage ditch about 75 yards in front of us. The male just watched us as we set up but the female went back in the ditch. We got tripods set up and took the male with a coordinated double shot. Called that stand anyway and called female back to us with eastern cottontail. She circled downwind and we tried a long shot before she got in our wind but we missed her. Second set we started with some howls but got no response. Played rabbit but nothing bit on it either. Went from rabbit right into fight sounds and after a minute of that we had a pair hard charging to us. We cut the caller off and the male pulled up and Mark took her with his 4k. The female took off and I was able to take her on the run with my thor.

Attachments

• IMG_4508.jpg
    IMG_4508.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited: