drawedback

4/13/13
3 hunters
ARs/ thermals
MFK diaphragm, and FoxPro
Mid to upper 60s, cloudy, humid and variable winds
Elbert Co pastures and hay fields
Saw 3, killed 1
Night started slow, it was hot and extremely humid early. Finally on the 3rd set of the night the wind had kicked up to around 10-12 mph, and was feeling pretty good. Started that set with a few howls and got a quick response from 2 different pairs. Gave it about 2 minutes and hit another howl. Saw 2 coming up the valley but they went behind a hill. After that we unloaded our bag of tricks, but never saw them again. The next set we were in a hay field, the wind had died down a little and was just a nice breeze. Set up and started off with adult cottontail on the shockwave. Literally within 5 seconds we saw a coyote walk out of the woods and start slowly making his way to us. It went down in a dip and when it reappeared he was about 120 yds out. Frank dropped him in his tracks.

Attachments

• 0414190034b-936x1664.jpg
    0414190034b-936x1664.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 18

chase870

Possum Sox
12 April 2019
Morgan County hay barn pastures and food plots
2 hunters
AR's with thermal
FoxPro kitten in distress cottontail/ Primos howls and cottontail
clear sky breezy upper 60's 70's3
7 plus heard
3 seen
1 killed,
1 shot and knocked down never found
First set we parked next door to the hay barn we usually park at, been seeing a number of yote tracks in and around the barn figure they been looking for the cat that lives there. Set up and played kitten in distress. Had one easy up in the back of the barn. he winded us but and was walking off when I saw him shot him walking knocked him down and never found him. Had that on video. Next set was on a field road between a pea field and a pasture. No sooner than the call cut on with cotton tail distress a female ran out in the road in front of my buddy. he shoots her she gets up and makes it through the fence row to my side and starts to walk off. We gave this farm a rest on hunting yotes and its paid off

Attachments

• 57681668962__E68916E7-4DC9-400B-B005-102B321453C1 (1).jpeg
    57681668962__E68916E7-4DC9-400B-B005-102B321453C1 (1).jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 19

Yotedawg

4/11/19
3 Hunters
6mm Creedmoors with thermal and NV
Temp 60's
Grady county field
Foxpro eastern cottontail Tony Tebbe den raid
1 seen
0 killed

Predator Outlaws took a landowner with us. Called in one in a grown up field to den raid. It came in hot. Unfortunately we missed the shot.

Yotedawg

4/15/19
2 Hunters
6mm Creedmoors with nv and thermal
Temp in 60's
Grady county fields
Foxpro eastern cottontail, mfk distress, tony tebbe den raid
0 seen
0 killed

The Predator Outlaws struck out this night with the coyotes. Did have a pair talk to us but shot us a warning bark like we had been made. While in that field we spotted a sounder of hogs about 500 yards off so we did a stalk on them since the landowner wants us to shoot them if we see them. We got about 200 yards from them and dropped the big sow which was very piggy. I guess a week or so from dropping another litter. Anyway, the shoats didn't know what to do so we just kept sniping them until they finally ran off.

Attachments

• IMG_4820.jpg
    IMG_4820.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4818.jpg
    IMG_4818.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 35

Yotedawg

4/17/19
2 Hunters
6mm Creedmoors with thermal and nv
Temp 70
Grady county fields
Foxpro eastern cottontail and lucky bird
1 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws set up on some new ground this night. Played a little eastern cottontail with no response. As good as this sound has been, it has really faded. Played some lucky bird loud and proud and in less than two minutes had this 38 pound male come barreling out of the woods about 30 yards from us. He made us in the bright moonlight and took off. I was able to take him on the run with the thor.

Attachments

• IMG_4828.jpg
    IMG_4828.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 5

drawedback

4/18/18
2 hunters
ARs/ thermal
MFK diaphragm, FoxPro
Elbert Co hay fields
Low 60s, cloudy
Saw 3 killed 2
Night started of slow and stayed that way most of the night but we just kept grinding. After many dry sets, getting ready to call it a night we decided to make one more set behind my house. As I was putting the gun on the tripod one howled in the woods about 200 yds away, then a pair lit up on the opposite side of the field. Turned on the FoxPro and played some vole squeaks with no response. Switched up to low volume pup distress and saw one skirting around to the left, she stopped in a low spot where I could only see her head at about 150, so I sent it and the 6.8 found its mark. About that time Evan saw another one bust up out of the bottom headed out and missed it. With renewed energy we decided to make another set so we went to another hay field on the back side of the farm. Started with a howl with no response, switched up to ranting red bird and had one coming in hot in a few seconds. He checked up about 75 yds, and Evan dropped him. The first one was a dry female, the second was a big male.

Attachments

• 0419190312a-936x1664.jpg
    0419190312a-936x1664.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 11

drawedback

4/20/19
3 hunters
ARs/ thermals
MFK diaphrams and FoxPro
Elbert and Hart Co pastures
Cooler, mid 40s, clear and light breeze. Bright moon
Saw 1, killed 0
Another slow night, coyotes didn't want to play much. Around the third set of the night we started with some diaphragm howls, had 1 come running out in the top corner of the pasture, turned the FoxPro on to k9 puppies, he started heading our way then slammed on the brakes. Pretty sure he saw us because the moon was so bright

Yotedawg

4/22/19
3 Hunters
63 degrees, clear and dry
North Grady county fields
Foxpro, Lucky Duck, Tony Tebbe distress and vocals
4 seen
1 called in
1 killed

After a dead first set, the Predator Outlaws moved about 400 yards and set up again on the same set of property. After some shelterbelt distress we saw three way off in the distance. They didn't appear to be coming to us though. After some den raid and pup panic, they actually turned and left. I followed that with some Mr. T lone howls. That brought another dawg from our right from 500 yards out. At 200 yards, this 22 pound female stopped and turned broadside and I took the shot with my thor.

Attachments

• IMG_4843.jpg
    IMG_4843.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 6

Yotedawg

4/23/19
3 Hunters
North Grady county fields
Foxpro....all 798 sounds
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed

The Predator Outlaws struck completely out. Two of our three sets were so grown up it was about unhuntable. In fact, one of them we didn't even try. The two we did hunt we threw a wide variety of sounds out there and came up empty. Very dead night for us.

drawedback

4/26/19
4 hunters, 4 spectators
ARs/ thermal
FoxPro S/W
Elbert Co fields and pastures
Mid 50s, light breeze
Saw 4, killed 1
Had one of those nights where we got roped into taking out a big crowd that wanted to see the thermals and go hunting. The night started off fast, saw one cross the road as we were pulling into the first spot, but couldn't get him to play. Next set started out with Eastern cottontail and had one charging in, but I think he heard some of the gallery talking and locked his breaks. He skirted around us just out of range. Third set I started with snowshoe hare and had one run out from the right about 15 seconds in. We let one of the boys that don't go much have the shot and he smoked him. Fourth set we started with a howl, then rolled into den raid. Had another one skirt around us out of range. Made a few more sets after that but things went quiet. All in all had a fun night, and put one in the truck, but I believe if we hadn't had such a big crowd we probably would've gave a couple more rides. Always next time I guess.

Attachments

• 0426192342b-936x1664.jpg
    0426192342b-936x1664.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 12

Yotedawg

4/29/19
2 Hunter
6mm Creedmoor's with nv and thermal
East and south Grady county fields
65 degrees east wind
Foxpro distress Tony Tebbe vocals
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed
A quiet night for the Predator Outlaws. Did call a fox in on the second of three sets. Other two sets were dead.

Last edited:

chase870

Possum Sox
4/29/2019
2 Hunters
AR with thermal/ SCAR with thermal
Fox Pro cottontail nutty nut hatch howls and pup distress
Morgan County food plot/ Barrow County pastures with cows
light breeze and warm
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed

Put some corn out for the hogs and decided to try a set in Morgan County dead night no response to anything. Nothing moving at all deer, rabits, dillos nothing. Tried a set on the way home in a area that will usually produce a sighting or response to the call if not a kill zero nothing they just didn't want to play

Yotedawg

4/29/2019
2 Hunters
AR with thermal/ SCAR with thermal
Fox Pro cottontail nutty nut hatch howls and pup distress
Morgan County food plot/ Barrow County pastures with cows
light breeze and warm
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed

Put some corn out for the hogs and decided to try a set in Morgan County dead night no response to anything. Nothing moving at all deer, rabits, dillos nothing. Tried a set on the way home in a area that will usually produce a sighting or response to the call if not a kill zero nothing they just didn't want to play
Sounds like a mirror image of our night.

chase870

Possum Sox
5/6/2019
2 Hunters
AR's with thermal
FoxPro cotton tail nutty nut hatch howls and pup distress kitten cries
Morgan county fresh plowed fields
light breeze
4 heard
4 seen
0 killed
First set we had two calls out and were on opposite sides of a point of trees between two fields. My buddie had 2 pop out at 500 yards and disappear back in to the wood line I had one walking the tree line at 300 yards and getting closer with each step it vanished into the wood line before it gave a good shot.

Second set had 4 different dogs respond to locate call same set up pretty much opposite sides of a point had a dog coming to the call turned around went back to where it came from put kitten cries on and it came back but stepped into the tree line right before I was gonna shoot

Bullochcountyhunter

Can't get a pic to load.
April 27. One Hunter.
TriStar 12ga federal #4
Call was a tree Yelp from a handmade pot call.
Approximately 630 am I was listening to some Tom's talking. Let out a short series of tree yelps. Within a minute had a mature tan male yote come running to me till 20 yards out. Dishragged him with a load of #4 to the head. Found a fresh scat pile with brown/white hair in it. Funny thing is, up until that morning had plenty of turkeys on my place. Haven't seen or heard a bird since.

Yotedawg

5/6/19
2 Hunters
6mm Creeds with thermal and nv
North Grady county pastures
Lucky Duck Mr. T howls and Lucky Duck Shelterbelt distress
0 heard
2 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws have been sidelined lately due to some crud that keeps us coughing but David and I made it out for a couple of sets. The second set we set up in a pasture and I played a lone interrogation howl. After two minutes one a pair broke cover. David spotted them about the time I hit shelterbelt rabbit distress and that brought this male in at full stride.

Attachments

• IMG_4872.jpg
    IMG_4872.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 7

Yotedawg

2/7/19
2 Hunters
6mm Creeds with nv and thermal
North Grady county hayfield
Lucky Duck Mr. T howls, Boss Acoustics Markspups
0 heard
1 seen
0 killed

New dirt next to a graveyard. Setup and played a howl followed by rabbit distress and then pup distress. The pup distress pulled a dog through the graveyard and back doored us. By the time I saw him and got on him he was in high gear. Tried a running shot but could not connect

Yotedawg

5/10/19
1 Hunter
6mm Creedmoor with thermal
Grady county field
Lucky Duck Shelterbelt
2 heard
1 seen
1 killed

Originally trying to help a landowner with a hog problem. He has been seeing three boars on his camera. I set up on the field at 9:18pm, scanned the field, and at 9:24 had this boar on the ground. Went and pulled him out of the field and got back to my rifle and did a quick scan of the field. Saw this coyote on the far side mousing. Played a few bars of Shelterbelt and had him coming in hot. As he crossed the trail I had made out to the hog, he changed directions and was pulling dirt leaving as he smelled me. Shot him on the run and knocked him down and put another through his neck to finish him off. Great hunt.

Attachments

• IMG_4882.jpg
    IMG_4882.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4888.jpg
    IMG_4888.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 7