coyote in backyard

sfretwell

looked outside and 5 yards from back porch sat this guy. live in gwinnett in a neighborhood. not any woods around. Anyone got a coyote trap for sale or what would yall reccomend?

Looks like a fox to me ... in any event ... high-powered pellet gun should do the trick.

Chris S.

Fox

SuburbanShooter

from my understanding you cannot legally possess ANY silencer for any firearm in GA without buying an approved tax stamp which is $200. Federal law has made silencers illegal wihtout the proper FFL license.

DROPPINEM

Dont get all poofed up.........someone always recommends poisoning when trying to get rid of a Varmint........it is NEVER a good idea, unless you are talking rats or the like.

To be honest, when I saw your post about poisoning, I was wondering the same thing,

But rats are wildlife too!!::ke:

Henpecked

But what happens when a buzzard or any other animal wants to munch on that dead, Poisened coyote?
They die also. Due to the poisen.

Depends entirely on the type of poisOn you use. I don't see where the little fella poses a threat. They should leave him be, imo.

mwilli24

seen him 3 times since i think someone is feeding it for it staying in the area and it actually came at my dog the other day and trust me when i say its not a fox its def a coyote was 8 ft from him.

Random1

Where in gwinnett (if you don't mind me asking)

deerslayer357

I've been shooting squirrels that were getting in my attic in downtown Athens for 2 months now without a problem. Shoot him in the head with a .22 short or either with one of those .22 LR CB's. the .22 shorts are what I'm using and they will do the job, but the 22 lr CB's are supposed to be quieter than a normal 22. don't even need a supressor, just be safe and you should be fine.

DeltaHalo

from my understanding you cannot legally possess ANY silencer for any firearm in GA without buying an approved tax stamp which is $200. Federal law has made silencers illegal wihtout the proper FFL license.

The suppressor itself is not illegal! If you want one, you have to apply for a federal tax stamp which costs $200. Then you can buy your suppressor through a registered Class III FFL dealer. I think our local EXPERT on this issue would be (BookHound), Mark at Polite Society.
As far as taking game animals with a suppressed weapon, I do not believe that is legal, but, I am no expert on this issue.

As far as the varmint in the backyard, take a .22 to him!

ch035

Banned
nice grass! man i wish mine looked like that. anyway... that it a pup. I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a small animal or a baby you let play outside. The easiest thing to do would be to pop him with a CB 22 short or something quiet. Traps will get everything else but him, dont put out poison or broken glass laden food either that is wrong. If you are worried about things walking in to your yard build a fence. If you think this is the only one that lives near you...you are sadly mistaken. They are everywhere and they do kill small animals, young game, and can hurt small children. If you feel the need I would shoot it with a bow. No noise and it would certainly do the trick without shooting a firearm in city limits.

grn518

Get the .22 CB long , made by CCI. It's nice and quiet, and good for about 30yds before it starts to drop fast.

Gunsmoke

beleive it or not about 3 weeks ago in Paulding county I had a young coyote walk out of the woods and come over to me and sniff my hand and walk back into the woods.It was in a semi residential area and I think he was used to humans.

Bkeepr

I live in Gwinnett county too, across from the fairgrounds so I am right around the corner from you. You can get Have-a-Heart traps from the pound, you just have to leave a $25 deposit at least that's the way it was several years ago.
We had a yote that would fence-fight with my dogs. Never caught him. His whole family would yammer when an ambulance went by. I guess heartworm took care of them all.

Steve762us

Get the .22 CB long , made by CCI. It's nice and quiet, and good for about 30yds before it starts to drop fast.

The CCI CB rounds are quieter than standard .22 shorts, Remington Subsonics, and Aguila Colibri's...I tried all of `em. The CB's won't cycle a semi action, but will feed thru it fine, manually. They really do sound comparable to a .22 pellet gun.

My local Walmart carries the CB short version. I fashioned a wooden insert for a 10-22 mag that lets the shorts feed thru the mag nicely.