Coyote/Redwolf

Dusty Roads

Coyotes

I have Killed six Coyotes since last Saturday, they have definitely impacted the Deer population in my area then I shot this one this Saturday at 10:30 am in it is by far the biggest yote I have ever seen but there is a lot about this Dog that says its not all Coyote so I sent pictures to DNR and Darryl Kirby both responded that they were not sure what it is and there was traits about this Dog that they felt it was probably
a cross between a Coyote and a red wolf it is the color of a red Fox with a white underbelly and its snout is not long like a coyote but shorter and shaped more like the pictures I looked at of the Red Wolf so what do you guys think

I've gotten (shot)3- missed2 in the last 5 days now and you got 6.AND I had a Bobcat run by me!
I wonder if the DNR can comment on this because it's a rarity that I see 1 during a hunting season.
When do female coyotes come in season?

pdsniper

Actually I'm up to # 7 now and since I have done this I am now seeing more Deer than I have seen in 2 years, amazing how that works

The Flying Duckman

I have seen several up here in my neck of the woods that big. Hit one with the truck about 3 years ago that was go toe to toe with a big German Shepard, and was almost that red. The strange thing I thought was that I have seen two in the last 5 years that were almost solid white. I started to shoot one of them, but he happened to be standing in a church yard and I need all the help I can get, so I didn't shoot it. The other was almost in the same spot where I hit the one with my truck. And that is within 200yrds of a elementary school. Both those white ones I would estimate in the 65 to 70 lb range.

pdsniper

Actuall Im up to number 8 now as of last Sunday this one had killed a Calf on some land that I'm hunting and when I came up on it there was a black dog with him the dog eased on off but this huge male coyote showed no fear of mee and keept eating the calf so I gave him something to fear a 155 gn Match king I have never seen a Dog and coyote eating side by side like that it was real strange the ranched said those two killed 4 calves last year and three this year well atleast the coyote wont be killing any more calves

Attachments

• Calf Killer.jpg
    Calf Killer.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 1,284
I killed 2 yotes in Madison County this past weekend. Do you hunt them year round? I would like to kill some more this year after deer season.

pdsniper

yep I hunt them all the time even in the City I police in we shoot them every time we get a chance, 8 coyotes in three week is a new
record for me now that I have some new land to hunt on that the Coyotes have never been hunted on I hope my count will greatly go up I plan on using my night vision as well on them so they will get no peace from me

meausoc

Nice shot! Most likely that is just a big coyote. Coyote's, fox's, and wolves are mortal enemies.

pdsniper

Well from the article I read when they did DNA testing on Coyotes on the east cost they all contained wolf DNA and Red Wolves were not much bigger than a coyote femaleas were around 60 lbs and a male around 80 lbs from what I read about the ones we had in the north Georgia Mountains they were bread out by coyotes so it all makes since and if you will look at all the posts on this thread one poster had a picture of a Hybread he shot I swear looks just like a wolf and even colored like one it weighed 80 lbs at best I recall

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
If you stated it I missed it........... where are you shooting all these coyotes ??

You could hire out and do this for a living at the success rate you have.......... please keep it up !!!

pdsniper

Fulton County and it is starting to pay off because I'm seeing more deer and a land owner has given me land to hunt on if I keep killing coyotes also 26 years of being a sniper and hundreds of hrs of training by the Military has helped in not missing them and knowing how to move with out being detected all has payed off in being effective in getting Coyotes and most of all a very Target rich environment

Last edited:

pdsniper

Here are a few more pictures of some of the coyotes I have taken, I also own them at night called in a pack of them one night and got three with this Night set up

Attachments

• coyote.jpg
    coyote.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 589
  • big coyote.jpg
    big coyote.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 579
  • Coyote III.jpg
    Coyote III.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:

Milkman