Crappie bite is on fire!!

This weekend my buddy Nick and I went after some crappie. We found a small indentation on the bottom of the lake that had them stacked up so thick it was crazy. Probably the best day I have ever had crappie fishing. We caught well over 100 fish in a matter of a few hours.

Arnie Davis

You lost me at "croppy". Gotta be from Florida or Wisconsin to use that term on this forum? :flag:
Up here it's craaaapppee. ::ke:

Last edited:

Bream Pole

down here its white perch. Thought Florida was specks. Croppy sure sounds far north of where I live. Must have edited reads crappie now. In any event sure he knows what he's doing regardless of what he calls them.

Ricky those are some beautiful fish and congratulations on the number caught. If I lived anywhere near you would beg for a trip.

Big7

The Oracle
You lost me at "croppy". Gotta be from Florida or Wisconsin to use that term on this forum? :flag:
Up here it's craaaapppee. ::ke:

Yeah.. I try to tell my bud from O-HI-YO that all the time..

Rulzzz say on this board:

Everything has to be translated to English..
Errr.. Redneck.

Love a mess of craaaapppee.

15 bridge is on right now. ;)

100hunter

awesome video.

tucker80

Man why'd y'all keep dropping those fish? Lol
With crappie it's Release to the grease!!!
Great video

hunterofopportunity

Its always nice to see fish being caught but how about some info on lure selection and why you choose that color jig,the type of pole you use and if you are jigging or just dragging the jig around drifting. Thanks.

The mtn man

I thought croppy lived in the Midwest, and crappie in the south east.

Mrbowdeadly

specks. Leaves no room for translation....

MBD

almoore

Enjoy all your videos. Thanks for sharing. Does you friend Nick have a website or facebook page? Can't find him with Google.

Artfuldodger

When I was growing up in South Georgia, we called them Speckled Perch. You'd have to hit Middle Georgia to hear Crappie. Now almost everyone except old people even in South Georgia say Crappie.

We also used to call a Large Mouth Bass a trout.

whchunter

Croppie

If I don't catch any fish I've had a crappieee day :biggrin3:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
When I was growing up in South Georgia, we called them Speckled Perch. You'd have to hit Middle Georgia to hear Crappie. Now almost everyone except old people even in South Georgia say Crappie.

We also used to call a Large Mouth Bass a trout.

We dont call them crappie, we call them White Perch in Middle Ga.;)