crawford county

marknga

GONetwork Member
Hunted Friday morning saw a little buck. Checked cams and have bucks moving in daylight. Nothing I want to shoot , but some nice young bucks.
Fellow member shot a nice old 8pt yesterday morning at 9:45 chasing a doe.
Should be good Sunday morning, temp in the low 30's.

Didn't hunt today, scouted out another area and hung two new stands. Will be out in the morning for sure though, update to follow! Good luck to those headed out in the morn!!

marknga

GONetwork Member
Hunted Sunday morning. Finally felt like deer season and the wind even stayed low. Saw a small buck chasing a doe, mean he was in full gallop coming down the powerline.
That was it.

davidf

hunted saturday in the wind didn't see anything, didn't make it out sunday. i got a 3 day work week then 4 days of hunting good luck to everyone hunting this week .....be safe

marknga

GONetwork Member
Did a short hunt before coming into work this morning. Didn't see a thing. Hope this ain't the end. Usually after Thanksgiving the deer seem to vanish.
Weather finally feels right.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and good luck.

Sunday morning I watched a 4pt push around four doe that didn't want nothing to do with him at all haha, than around 8:45 i saw a dang good 8 outside his ears come cruising across clearcut, i grunted and bleated at him, all he did was look in my direction than continue on his journey. I took a shot at him, and i never shoot long distances but I would've kicked myself if I hadn't...clean miss at 247yds lol. Haven't seen much else on Mon or Tue at all. Will be out in the morning to see if I can luck out. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

marknga

GONetwork Member
Hunted this morning and besides a few hundred duck rounds didn't hear any shots... oh and didn't see any deer. Checked couple cams and all I had was some does with little ones.
Afraid they are pulling the annual disappearing act on me.

davidf

after 4 days of hunting all i saw was does no bucks seen on my place or neighbors... with the rain in the forecast and having seed left over i plowed and planted 2 food plots sunday afternoon. hopefully they come in by the end of the season.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Can't wait til the rain comes, heck I may go hunt in the rain. We reseeded a couple little spots.
Hunted yesterday, saw a doe.

benbishop6602

tough year, but its been fun

Been a tough year. Seen deer every weekend since black powder weekend , but big boy aint come out yet. Hoping for a good dec. like last season. Probably had 4-6 shooters on cam so far. Guess im fortunate to have seen over 40 deer off the stand in my new Crawford co. club.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Hope to get out tomorrow morning. This week should have been really good but I was down and out with the crud.
See what happens Sunday morning before the rain.

deerbandit

Been a tough year. Seen deer every weekend since black powder weekend , but big boy aint come out yet. Hoping for a good dec. like last season. Probably had 4-6 shooters on cam so far. Guess im fortunate to have seen over 40 deer off the stand in my new Crawford co. club.

Where's your club located?

marknga

GONetwork Member
Hunted Sunday morning, the rain started falling about 8:00. Hunted til 10:30 and didn't see anything. Still getting does and little bucks on cam, mostly at night.
Did find some real fresh buck sign. Scrapes and rubs.
Weather and moon will be RIGHT the end of this week.

davidf

i pulled card from camera after letting it sit for 4 days. i had a lot of does a 1 little buck most pictures are at night. i'm seeing the same thing as far as buck sign it seems every time i go in i'm seeing new rubs and scrapes. this is my first full year hunting crawford county and i have to say it has me confused.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Hunted powerline yesterday afternoon (tuesday) and didn't see a thing. Cam had a couple does, little 7 pt and a pack of coyotes.

Still think Friday and Saturday this week could be real good. Hope so!

Slewfoot

This Weekend

Hunted powerline yesterday afternoon (tuesday) and didn't see a thing. Cam had a couple does, little 7 pt and a pack of coyotes.

Still think Friday and Saturday this week could be real good. Hope so!

I hope so! I have not had the chance to go all season but I am headed to Ellaville tomorrow afternoon for a Sat and Sunday hunt since the cold is coming. Hope they are moving good. I just mainly want to get out in the woods and see the sunrise on God's creation.

deerbandit

We've got two guys at our camp right now and they haven't seen a deer from the stand yet. The hunted all day yesterday and this morning so far, they jump three after doing so stand maintenance at lunch time today. Their cameras are showing a lot of night time movement.

davidf

hunted all day saturday and did not see anything. on a positive note the plots i planted right before the rain are coming up.