crawford county

davidf

seen several deer saturday had 1 of my good bucks slip by me. had a lone doe come out a little after 11 decided to put her in the freezer as luck would have it ever time i got her to stop i didn't have a shot. it was good to be back in the woods.

eavega

We've seen a bunch on the land; Saturday we saw a few does, buddy's rifle misfired on a 6 Pt buck, I missed an 8 pt beast (lesson learned, verify the sighting on your rifle when you switch ammo) and nailed a spike buck on Sunday. Sunday night the trail cam picked up a couple of bucks tussling... looks like its gonna be a good season!!

Been seeing deer on every sit since gun opener. 7 this morning with a shooter 450yds out. Bucks (all young) have been showing signs of feeling frisky. All doe's are usually alone or with little ones. Heard a buck opening morn before daylight in a creek bottom making noise, checked around in there and i found a shredded sapling along with two scrapes. Tracks everywhere, seeing new scrapes since the rain Monday. Watched a little buck intercept two doe Mon eve, he was tearing brush up when he got to them but they could care less. Finally looking like we're going to have a decent cooler fall than last year. I'm seeing a lot more action so far than i did same time last year.

davidf

Saw deer everyday i hunted this week. Got a big bodied 7 wednesday morning his neck was swollen and his hocks where stinking. Hoping this cold snap gets the big boys moving.

davidf

3 good bucks taken in the last week off my place and neighbors. None where chasing just cruising.

mizuno24jad

The full moon and hot weather has been rough on me in southern Crawford, the past several days have been way slow, hopefully cooler weather later this week will fire them back up

davidf

the mornings have been the most active time for me. i've seen more between 8 -12 than the evenings. over all seeing more this year than the past few years.

davidf

Hows everyones bow deason going?

davidf

First sit of the year enjoying this cooler weather. Had a decent buck ease thru a little before 8 fells good to be back in the tree.

eavega

First sit of the year on Saturday for rifle opening day. 3 little does in the morning in the green field near the creek, hung out for a while before easing back into the woods. Storm blew through early afternoon, but back in the tree stand by 4 PM. Shot a 6-point asymmetrical buck less than an hour later. Cam had him right in that area for the last couple of weeks. I'll be back for the rut!!

davidf

Congratulations on the deer, i took advantage of the storm to catch a quick nap. Finished off Saturday with turkeys no deer. Hunted sunday morning didn't see anything will be back Saturday.

eavega

**** Skippy about Sunday! Not even the squirrels were moving Sunday morning! I think it was the bright moon that kept them out all night and they bedded down before sunrise...

John2

Bucks were cruising this past weekend. Saw 4 different 2 year old 8ptrs and a few other smaller bucks. Sadly no big boys.

davidf

Last day of work for a week hoping this cold front gets them moving. Good luck everyone in the woods....be safe

Lots of action where i'm at just over the line north of Ft Valley. Didn't get out during the wet weather we had at all. Went fri morning, didn't see anything but I had to sit in a area with a small view of a road since my tripod was on it's side. Killed this 13pt this morning before 7:30 after watching two small guys sparring, he came up the hill to check out the noise. Got down to him, and could hear chasing/grunting in two different spots so i hunkered down and was ready lol. Happy to see the action is going good after missing almost two weeks of hunting. Over 15 different bucks i've witnessed and the cameras picked up, this guy may have been on film in August but the picture is from a foggy morning.....not sure. Morning's are when it's most active so far this season for me. Get in a tree and good luck, they're feeling good since it ain't wet out no more hahahahaIMG950223.jpgIMG950218.jpg

MOTS

Went to a funeral today and traveled through Perry to Thomaston. Beautiful country, looks like a deer paradise too.

eavega

So I took my 12-year-old daughter on her first hunt yesterday. Left Alpharetta at 3:30 AM to be in the stand at Roberta by 6 AM. Foggy as all heck. Got turned around on the trail to the stand and actually ended up coming up the long green field instead of the back way. Thought I had busted the field, so I concentrated on the woods to the north. On a friends tip, I tried a hand warmer wrapped in toilet paper and soaked in "Golden Estrus" hanging from a tree. Wind was very light out of the north-northwest. About 15 min before sunrise, three does stroll into the shooting lane. My daughter has the gun, I'm just there to help direct and spot. She gets a big nanny doe in the scope, but the adrenaline kicks in and she gets too excited to shoot. All three wander away towards the east. I tell her to sit tight, as there may be a buck either chasing or cruising in the area. The adrenaline rush is over, and the short night of sleep catches up with her, and she falls asleep leaning on me. Sure enough, about an hour later, a buck comes at a fast trot down the green field. Very purposeful, nose down sniffing and searching. I nudge my daughter and point down the field at the buck heading straight for the stand. She lines up the shot, and when he turns slightly, she pulls the trigger on an 8-point basket buck!

NovBuck.jpg