Crazy Job benefit

Dialer

So at my work, they allow “Day Trades”, where you can work someone else’s shift, then work your shift for 2 days, which gives the other guy a four day weekend, then he does the same for you the next week. Some of the guys have it worked out to where they are actually on the job only half the year... It’s crazy! Then, if you want to take one of the days your working for the other guy, you can take off if ya want! Our union and company work really well together, so blessed!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Congrats. So long as everyone is pulling the wagon toward the same destination some amazing things can be worked out. It usually falls apart when someone tries to game the system for their benefit at the expense of others.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
We can swap shifts as well, as long as the person is equal to your rank or ability. It has to be done in the same 2 week pay cycle though. You have to be careful, some folks aren’t as dependable as you and it can cause a staff shortage. I don’t do it much, I hate working 48’s. Been here long enough to get 2.5 months a year off. I’ll take it.

Jeff Raines

At my job,I work 4 days on 4 off.Noon to midnight.When I take vacation it's 12 days in a row off.I get 6 weeks a year and we have over 1000 acres to hunt on.

Dialer

Whats the pay scale there,,,,in 92,for an A&P it was around 15.00 an hour to start,,,,

We’ve been at $43.45 per hour since April of 2012. Endured a long fight with the company for nearly 7 years. They refused to pay us what they owed us from those years until we convinced them how much they needed us. We agreed on a $90M ratification bonus, and retroactive pay back to April of 2019 when we ratified, to be paid in August. We all got significant checks in June, and will receive another in August to reflect the 23% increase in pay to about $53 per hour. Everyone happy now.

Cmp1

BANNED
We’ve been at $43.45 per hour since April of 2012. Endured a long fight with the company for nearly 7 years. They refused to pay us what they owed us from those years until we convinced them how much they needed us. We agreed on a $90M ratification bonus, and retroactive pay back to April of 2019 when we ratified, to be paid in August. We all got significant checks in June, and will receive another in August to reflect the 23% increase in pay to about $53 per hour. Everyone happy now.
Alaska Air offered me 15 to start,Sunstrand offered me 25,000 a year and Mesaba offered me 12 an hour,,,,in 92,,,,

Big7

The Oracle
I agree.
Unions formed to protect employees from employer abuses and now unions abuse employees and employers...

Exactly !

Alexander

At my job,I work 4 days on 4 off.Noon to midnight.When I take vacation it's 12 days in a row off.I get 6 weeks a year and we have over 1000 acres to hunt on.

Sounds like a Cobb/Marietta gig there Jeff! Only reason I say that is cause I am an operator here @ the Roswell WTP and we hired another guy into our fold about a year and a half ago from there and he was on the same noon to midnight schedule and always talked about the property in Ball Ground! Cant remember if he was out of the Quarles or Wyckoff plant though